Budget on Quicken Desktop (Windows) not syncing with Mobile App

BTruman
BTruman Member

As of May 1, 2023 my budget on the mobile app is no longer showing any amount on the detail spending against the budget. Prior to a few days ago, it worked well. Now it does not sync. The Budget on the desktop version remains in tact and working well. I have already checked and upgraded to the latest version but still same problem.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @BTruman,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest resetting your cloud data from your Quicken desktop program and see if that may make a difference. However, before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, please follow the steps below to reset your cloud data.

1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile app
    2. On your desktop program go to Edit
    3. Preferences...
    4. Mobile & Web
    5. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data 
    6. On the following screen you can leave the preselected option for "No, just reset my Cloud data", type Yes in the entry field to confirm, and click Reset
    7. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    8. Navigate to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu 
    9. Select Cloud Sync to resync your data and to make sure no errors occur
    10. Wait for it to finish syncing 
    11. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile app

Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• BTruman
    BTruman Member

Anja,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. I tried each step you had, but it still does not work. It worked prior to all this problem. I did notice that there was a different name for the mobile data set. So, I saved a new copy of the file from the back up version I was using, gave it a new name (a simpler name with no extension and no date or time). Then I went back to the preference menu and continued following your instructions. I still have the correct data in the desktop version and it includes the current budget I was using. However, when I go to the mobile app, after re-setting (and I tried this three times), everything is fine except for the Budget. It shows all the budget categories and the amount budgeted, I had already selected, but no expenditures against those budgets.

So, as you can see, I still need help on this. Please let me know what I can do to solve the issue.

Thanks,

Bryan

• BTruman
    BTruman Member

Does anyone have any way to help with this problem. It is still causing the same problem of the Budget not syncing and still shows $0 spent in the budget categories.

• LadyB59
    LadyB59 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    I started having the same issue at the same time. It is also not syncing with the Quicken online dashboard.
    I did as described above and now my budget is wiped out on the desktop. I will do a restore from a backup. I think the update done in May has caused the issue. Someone needs to look into it. I even deleted the cloud file and re-synced everything and that did not fix it either.
    I've just deemed it broken because of the recent update.
  • Quicken Anja

@BTruman thank you for following up, though I apologize that the issue persists, and @LadyB59 thank you for adding to this discussion.

Next, I suggest you try manually resetting your cloud data by creating a test file and deleting your cloud account from that test file. After that, you would attempt to resync your main data file which should then create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within that data file).

Before doing so, first, sign out of the Quicken Mobile app again. Then, on your desktop program, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down, and follow the instructions under the section titled: "Creating a new file"). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
    5. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete

After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down, and follow the instructions under the section titled: "How to alternate between multiple files"). 

Once your main file opens, resync your data by navigating to the Mobile & Web tab and click on the blue Sync Now button. If successful, sign back in on your Quicken Mobile app to see if this resolved the issue. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account.

If that fails or you prefer to have assistance, then I do recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone in case you may need more extensive troubleshooting. They also have the ability to screen share with you if you're comfortable doing so.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• MJHJLW
    MJHJLW Member, Windows Beta Beta

I have the same issue, and have not been successful so far. I would appreciate if starting with a new cloud file fixes this. However, I have one question about this approach. Does deleting a cloud file also delete all the financial institution links? Thus after creating a new cloud file, do you have to set up each financial link again?

• LadyB59
    LadyB59 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Starting a new cloud file does not fix the issue. It seems to have started after the May release. It is not updating on the cloud account. You can see the list of transactions in Quicken on the Web under the budget transactions, but it doesn't summarize them into the budget grouping.
  • Quicken Anja

Hello @MJHJLW,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and adding to this discussion.

@MJHJLW said:

Does deleting a cloud file also delete all the financial institution links? Thus after creating a new cloud file, do you have to set up each financial link again?

No, deleting the cloud account should not affect any online connectivity set up within your data file. However, if you wish to take extra precautions, we always advise saving a backup before troubleshooting.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Tribeca79
    Tribeca79 Member ✭✭

Hi, I’m also experiencing the exact same issue starting a few days ago. Is there an issue with the budget feature online and on the app?

• Tribeca79
    Tribeca79 Member ✭✭
    Note: there is another discussion thread with 3 other folks who have this exact same issue
  • Quicken Anja
    edited May 2023

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.
    (CTP-6291)

-Quicken Anja

• DeeGeeEhm
    DeeGeeEhm Member

Same problem that just cropped up recently. I have reported the problem. Budget shows up but no actuals.

• LadyB59
    LadyB59 Member ✭✭
    Patch released this morning did not include a fix for this?
  • MJHJLW

Is there any update? I tried again today and actual amounts still do not appear in the Mobile app. Also when I sync for some reason my budget amounts change on both the mobile app and the desktop version to incorrect numbers. Not sure if these issues are related.

• JLutker
    JLutker Member ✭✭

I loaded 50.14 and still have problem with other Income changing. All the other categories are not changing like they did.

• Release R50.16 and the desktop budget still does not Sync to the mobile app

• TLH
    TLH Member ✭✭

I have the same desktop / mobile sync issue and have reported it since May 2023. I make changes on my desktop. do a backup. sync to mobile/web, and my desktop budget numbers change. This should not be happening. Its been going on for quite a while now. months. I do want to continue syncing my data to the cloud so i can view on my mobile phone. My temp fix was to turn off sync. I just looked at the changes in Release 51.10 and did the update. I do not want to test the mobile sync again and need to correct budget data again Please confirm this problem has been fixed.

• TLH
    TLH Member ✭✭

I have the same desktop / mobile sync issue and have reported it since May 2023. I have updated to version R51.12. I make changes on my desktop. do a backup. sync to mobile/web, and my desktop budget numbers change. This should not be happening. Its been going on for quite a while now. months. I do want to continue syncing my data to the cloud so i can view on my mobile phone. My temp fix was to turn off sync. I just looked at the changes in Release 51.10 and did the update. I do not want to test the mobile sync again and need to correct budget data again Please confirm this problem has been fixed.

• herbb623
    herbb623 Member ✭✭✭

I'm using 51.12 and same thing happens to me. Whenever I sync, some of my 2023 budget numbers are getting changed on the Desktop. Also been reporting on this since May 2023. Only way to fix is not to sync. Not a very good solution at all !! I wish they would just add option to turn off 'syncing' of budget. Just sync all my other stuff.

• YTilahun
    YTilahun Member ✭✭

Hi

I am glad to see that I am not the only one having this problem. I have quicken R51.12. And when I sync the desktop version to the mobile, it changed all my budgets on my desktop. I have been having this problem for while. Until Quicken, finds the solution, i think i think i am not quicken to use quicken mobile.

• Same problem just started today. I’ve tried all of the above and still, every time I sync, my budget amounts change. If a fix rolls out, PLEASE let me know. For now, I’ve turned off sync and deleted the mobile app. It worked in the past. What happened??

• Yesterday, after syncing, I got the following message. Could this be a clue to the problem? I have made new budgets every year, since 2014, so why does it say my 2014 budget ended in 2021? More importantly, why did Quicken create new budgets for 2022 and 2023? I created those myself and I do not want Quicken substituting them. Perhaps that is why I get new budget numbers for 2023 after the sync?

• Tribeca79
    Tribeca79 Member ✭✭

same sync issue with budget changing

• I made a copy of my data file and deleted every year’s budget in it except 2023. I signed out of Quicken, then signed back in with this test data file and made sure it was the only data file listed. I turned on sync, ran it, and my 2023 budget was once again destroyed. Where is the sync getting these budget numbers? I only had one budget in the data file. So frustrating! Can’t use sync or mobile app.

• TLH
    TLH Member ✭✭

The desktop / mobile sync issue continues and have reported it since May 2023. I have updated to version R51.12. I make changes on my desktop. do a backup. sync to mobile/web, and my desktop budget numbers change. This should not be happening. It's been going on for quite a while now. months. I do want to continue syncing my data to the cloud so I can view on my mobile phone. My temp fix was to turn off sync. I look at the changes in new releases and do the updates. I do not want to test the mobile sync again and need to correct budget data again Please confirm this problem has been fixed.

• MJHJLW

I was having the same problem. But now for the last couple of months it has been working fine. Not sure why. Whenever I use Quicken desktop I make sure my budget is correct and then I sync, and sync again. And then before I close the desktop version I make sure my budget is still correct. Also when I use the mobile app I never change a budget amount there. I only change it on the desktop version.

Not sure why it has started to work again and I do fear that at anytime it will go back to what you are experiencing. For this reason I maintain an Excel version of my budget so that if it does get corrupted I have the information easily available to try and fix it again.

As with you, I wish they would address this and at least acknowledge that it is an issue. Seems like many others are also having this problem with no comment from Quicken.

• TLH
    TLH Member ✭✭

I just spent 50 minutes on the phone with Quicken support walking through the sync issues. After several backups and restores and syncs, the comment was hard to believe this happens, have not heard of the issue prior and you may have to talk to a higher-level support. I could not get a number to call for the higher level. This is a very annoying issue. I do not use the mobile app due to this issue. Every time I use the sync issue several of my budget lines revert to prior year budgets. I am not sure this item is being addressed as the experts are no longer commenting on these post.

• Tribeca79
    Tribeca79 Member ✭✭

The only other workaround that seems to actually work is the following:

(1) Log out of the mobile app

(2) Make any changes to the budget on the laptop (making sure you are not logged into the app on any other devices)

(3) Save the changes and Sync to Cloud 

(4) Log back into the Mobile app

Outcome: Both updated budget is reflected on both the app and laptop. 

Not the ideal solution but a temporary fix for now.

• YTilahun
    YTilahun Member ✭✭

Hi…. Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved.

• Still not working for me. My budget numbers continue to change when I sync on my laptop. Since I can’t sync, I can’t use the mobile app.
    There have been several updates since this problem started, but unfortunately, this has not been addressed in any of them.

This discussion has been closed.