Not able to produce this year's report

Judy M.
Judy M. Member ✭✭
edited June 2023 in Reports (Windows)
I've been using a particular report for many years to track my expenses. It works for 2019-2022 but not for 2023.
(a) I've been using Quicken since 1991! I can't set up the same report for years prior to 2019.
(b) When I attempt to produce a year-to-date report (i.e., for 2023), it's blank. If I try to produce a report for the past 12 months, it doesn't include anything from 2023.

My accounts are split roughly by decades, but as far as I can tell, all options are the same.

How can I troubleshoot this?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Which edition of Quicken (Starter, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business) are you using?

Which version are you running? (You can get this from About > Quicken)

Which report is this about?

FYI, if you select "Yearly" for the report's Date Range for some reports (such as, Tax Schedule) you will get a limited number of years to select from. But you can go back much further than that (provided the data for those prior years is in your file by) by selecting "Custom Dates" from the Date Range drop-down instead of "Yearly" and then entering the beginning and ending dates that you want.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Judy M.
    Judy M. Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your reply. While I was waiting, I deleted all my reports and started from scratch. I now have a report that works for me...even for the current year. I have no idea what the original problem was, but it may have been related to the fact that I recently updated my accounts so that my liability accounts are broken down more, and I'm assuming that in doing so I managed not to include something in the newest account (1/1/2023 forward). Not sure if that makes sense, but the good news is that I'm all set.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Judy M. - Yes, that makes sense, especially since you added new categories/sub-categories for this year and didn't use these new categories/sub-categories for previous years. Instead of deleting and recreating the report you could have customized it (click on the upper right Gear icon of the report) then on the Categories tab you could have added the new categories/sub-categories to the report and saved the report. Until they are added to the report they will not show up in the report. By pulling up a new report you captured those new categories/sub-categories by default.

Did you try using Custom Dates to generate reports for years prior to 2019? For instance, for 2018 you would enter 1/1/2018 through 12/31/2018 for the Custom Dates.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Judy M.
    Judy M. Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your reply. Actually, I hadn't added anything new other than to divide up one account into two (giving me a total of four!). At least everything works now, even for earlier years.
This discussion has been closed.