Updating or Downloading Any Account Hangs

Options
k_man81
k_man81 Member ✭✭✭

Whenever I try to update (either an individual account or a One-Step Update), it ends up hanging.

This suddenly started happening on Friday May 5th.

It actually seemed to corrupt my data file (thankfully, I had a backup that was from the previous day).

I've seen a post about crashes happening when updating, not sure if it's just manifesting differently for me or I'm seeing a different problem.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @k_man81,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

To clarify, when running a One Step Update or an individual account update, the program "hangs" and processes slowly?

If so, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• k_man81
    k_man81 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the response, Jasmine,

Unfortunately, I had already tried Validating, and it didn't make a difference. And I just tried the Super Validation, and that also made no difference.

It appears that it does successfully pull down from Investment accounts, and then hangs when it tries to pull down from any bank or credit card accounts.

(also a note on the "super validate" - it ended up increasing the size of my file by 6 MB (from 341MB to 347MB)…which seems very odd)

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @k_man81,

Thank you for taking the time to attempt those troubleshooting steps.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-6693)

-Quicken Jasmine

• k_man81
    k_man81 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine - Seems to actually be working, today. (no app update, just tried again)

Would really love some sort of a status view to show how all of the remote services are working. Like a per institution view with green (all good), yellow (some issues reported), red (not working correctly), just so end users know what to expect - or are able to tell whether the problem is on our end, or on the Quicken end.

-Thanks!

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @k_man81,

Thank you for coming back to update us.

I am happy to hear that this issue appears to have been resolved on its own. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

To request this feature to be added in the future, what you can do is create an idea post. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.