I run Quicken mostly from desktop (Mac). When I have used the web based version, data does not synch

tom-LelandNC
tom-LelandNC Member ✭✭
edited June 2023 in Using Quicken on the Web

Most of my data entry is into desktop version. Occasionally, I try and make some changes through the web based version. Data does not synchronize properly

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello @tom-LelandNC,

Thank you for providing more information.

To start with, I suggest that you try to reset your Quicken Cloud. Doing so does not affect your data file nor other Cloud Accounts (if applicable). Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding.

1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu 
    2. Preferences... 
    3. Mobile, Web & Alerts
    4. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF 
    5. Click Disable Sync
    6. Navigate to Connected Services
    7. Click Reset (click Reset again on the pop-up box)
    8. Once the Reset completes, navigate back to Mobile, Web & Alerts
    9. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync ON
    10. Click Enable Sync

Once that is done, go back to Mobile, Web & Alerts to select/deselect the accounts as desired and see if the issue still continues to persist.

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @tom-LelandNC,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What exactly occurs when attempting to sync your data? Are you performing a cloud sync on your web-based version before closing it and then again on your desktop version after first opening it? Are you receiving any error codes or messages? How long has this issue been occurring?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• tom-LelandNC
    tom-LelandNC Member ✭✭
    As an example, on the desktop version I opened and "updated" this morning I then went into my checking account and changed the category on a bank withdrawal to Transfer the money to CASH. Later , when i pulled up the web version, it performs an update upon opening. The cash account is not showing the transferred money. The category on the cash withdrawal from checking did not change. when in the web version, if I add a new transaction, let's say to th eCash account, and next go into my Desktop version (do an update) the added transaction IS there. If I recategorize things on the web version, then go into Desktop and update, the categories never change.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓

Hello @tom-LelandNC,

Thank you for providing more information.

To start with, I suggest that you try to reset your Quicken Cloud. Doing so does not affect your data file nor other Cloud Accounts (if applicable). Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding.

1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu 
    2. Preferences... 
    3. Mobile, Web & Alerts
    4. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF 
    5. Click Disable Sync
    6. Navigate to Connected Services
    7. Click Reset (click Reset again on the pop-up box)
    8. Once the Reset completes, navigate back to Mobile, Web & Alerts
    9. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync ON
    10. Click Enable Sync

Once that is done, go back to Mobile, Web & Alerts to select/deselect the accounts as desired and see if the issue still continues to persist.

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• tom-LelandNC
    tom-LelandNC Member ✭✭
    Jasmine, Thank you. I went through this process, and it appears that the file accessed by the web version is now in synch with the desktop version. I am assuming the desktop versions stores its file locally. Moving forward, shoudl I expect to be able to do some work on the Web version (categorize transactions, add Cash transactions etc) and expect these to be updated to the desktop file?
    Is there a specific order of doing things to make this happen?
    Thanks in advance. Tom Rodgers
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta

@tom-LelandNC I also use both Quicken Mac on my desktop as well as Quicken on the Web and the Quicken Mobile App. Here are the best practices that have worked well for me as far as keeping everything in sync nicely and avoiding errors:

1. When using the desktop app, I always start with a full update (clicking the button with the arrow in the top left) to pull the latest data from my banks and also to pull any new information I may have entered on the web or in the mobile app so I know I am working with the most up-to-date information.
    2. When I finish working in the desktop app, I always end with another full update to sync all my changes to Quicken Cloud so that when I open Quicken on the Web or the mobile app, I know that I will be working with the most up-to-date information from the desktop app.
    3. When accessing Quicken on the Web or the Quicken Mobile app, I always let the initial update that always starts when using either one to fully finish so I know that I’m working with the most up-to-date info from the desktop app before making any changes or edits.
    4. Finally, when I’m done working with Quicken on the Web or the mobile app, I do another update (on the web there’s an update button similar to the desktop app; on the mobile app you swipe down to trigger another sync). That way I know that the next time I open the desktop app and do my initial update, it’ll be pulling all of my most recent changes from Quicken on the Web/mobile app.

Working this way has made things work pretty much flawlessly for me, and things stay in sync across all devices. Best of luck!

• tom-LelandNC
    tom-LelandNC Member ✭✭
    Austin, these steps make perfect sense. I will attempt to "categorize" some expenses on the web version, and see if these are brought to the desktop version. That should be a good test Thank you for taking the time to spell the sout. Tom
  • Quicken Jasmine

Hello @tom-LelandNC,

Thanks for coming back to update us.

I am happy to hear that we were able to reach a resolution!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.