Security Code AutoFill from iMessage still not working on Quicken for Mac

trsands
trsands Member ✭✭
Quicken for Mac autofilled 2FA security codes that I received on my Mac perfectly and then stopped. This has never been fixed for me. I just found the "https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7923758/new-11-14-22-autofill-for-2-step-authentication-stopped-working-on-mac-ventura' discussion, but I am still having to copy and paste from my iMessage program.

I am running Quicken Deluxe Version 6.12.4 (Build 612.47934.100) on a 2021 14 inch MacBook Pro with an Apple M1 Pro chip with the latest version of macOS, 13.2.1 and would like to know if I was supposed to do anything more than just run updates in order to have my Security Codes AutoFill again.
Tagged:

Comments

• paule3116
    paule3116 Member ✭✭

Same issue here. Ticket 9832097 did not resolve this issue.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited March 2023

Hello @trsands and @paule3116,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community.

Due to the nature of this issue, we recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

@Quicken Jasmine I just wanted to request clarification. There was a documented bug report for this issue (CTP-4979, Ticket #9832097), along with an open Alert on the forum. This alert was marked by Anja as resolved last Thursday, March 16. Are you saying that the development team had closed that ticket because they believe it was resolved, and you want people who are finding it still doesn't work to reach out to Support to start the process over again?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Gary Kollmorgen
    Gary Kollmorgen Unconfirmed ✭✭

same issue here - was not fixed as indicated by Anja.

• HenryL
    HenryL Member

There have been two software updates since the previous issue was marked as resolved, but no it is still not possible to use autofill on the 2FA prompt from messages on MacOS Ventura

• S. Wood
    S. Wood Member ✭✭
    Just wondering if anyone has gotten this problem resolved or is Quicken for Mac still maintaining that it's been fixed?
  • Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community.

Due to the nature of this issue, we recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• paule3116
    paule3116 Member ✭✭

Definitely not fixed. I'm on MacOS 13.3 (22E252) - Ventura and Quicken for Mac Version 6.12.5 (Build 612.47953.100)

• Jazzycat
    Jazzycat Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023

The security code autofill in Quicken is still not working on my MacBook Pro with multi factor authentication using Ventura OS.

There was a post back in November for this issue and a link was posted to a thread to follow. However, that link is no longer valid and it's giving me a permission problem. Here's the link that was posted that does not work.

Is there another link that we can follow? Is there any status on this issue?

• Hello @Jazzycat,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Due to the nature of this issue, it is recommended that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jazzycat
    Jazzycat Member ✭✭
    Oh wow. So I just noticed the link I posted shows it was resolved last month. Unfortunately not on mine and I've got the latest quicken update.
  • Jazzycat
    Jazzycat Member ✭✭
    Just used the chat support and they told me to get in touch with Apple support because it was determined every thing was working on their end. Great. :/
    If anyone had the same issue and got it working can you let me know what the fix was?

Thanks
  • Jazzycat
    Jazzycat Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Not fixed for me either. I reached out to the Quicken Chat support and they told my that they determined there was no problem on their end and to reach out to Apple support. I have all the latest updates with Quicken and Ventura.
  • paule3116
    paule3116 Member ✭✭
    Sadly, not fixed with the latest Quicken version 7.0.1 (Build 700.48728.100) and/or MacOS version (13.3.1 - 22E261)
  • Winger81
    Winger81 Member

I, too, am fully up-to-date with macOS and Quicken software on my MacBook Pro M1 Max and it still doesn't work for me either. Interestingly, on another Mac in our house (an Intel-based rather than M1/M2), the auto-fill from iMessage works.

• AQUser942
    AQUser942 Member ✭✭

13 inch Macbook Pro: Intel Core i7, running MacOS 13.3.1 (22E261), and Quicken Deluxe Canada Version 7.0.1 (Build 700.48728.100). Autofill from iMessage is not working.

• slferris
    slferris Member ✭✭

Mac mini macOS 13.3.1 (a), Quicken Deluxe Version 7.0.2 (Build 700.48777.100). Autofill still not working.

• BuffaloDoug
    BuffaloDoug Member, Mac Beta Beta

It hasn't worked for me in a long time ..and it was not fixed.

• slferris
    slferris Member ✭✭

Still not working with Version 7.0.3 (Build 700.48782.100)

• jacobs

@slferris Have you tried calling Quicken Support, as mentioned by the Quicken moderator above? It's not clear that Quicken considers this a Quicken bug. (I think I saw something a while back indicating they thought it was an Apple issue.) If multiple people call Support and get this documented, it might get escalated back to the development team to look into.

• paule3116
    paule3116 Member ✭✭
    Sadly, after speaking with technical support for 70+ minutes I got absolutely nowhere. In the end, tech support calls it Apples issue and suggests that we raise this up to Apple. Oh, OK.

I mentioned that there was a previously documented bug that was "fixed", however, the issue still remains.

I also raised the issue that SOME machine / version (macOS & Quicken) combinations do, in fact, work correctly

Lastly, I asked why the Quicken Community is being asked to contact Support - if this is an Apple issue then Quicken should publicly state that AND work with Apple to come to a mutually beneficial solution. The Tech Support staffer had no response

My ticket # was 10240927
    Quicken Deluxe Version 7.0.3 (Build 700.48782.100)
    macOS 13.3.1
  • slferris
    slferris Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023

I also called Quicken Support. I was told it was a Quicken issue and they were "working on it" déjà vu. The only other thing I got out of it was this link and told to see if anything helpful shows up here from other users. [Edited-Readability]

• Koa1
    Koa1 Member ✭✭
    Autofill from SMS still not working on MAc Ventura. any fix yet?
  • dborja
    dborja Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Same here. I believe I was one of the posters last November about this issue. I receive notification that it was fixed but it actually hasn't
  • dborja
    dborja Member ✭✭
    Same here. I believe I was one of the posters last November about this issue. I receive notification that it was fixed but it actually hasn't
  • Gary Kollmorgen
    Gary Kollmorgen Unconfirmed ✭✭

Same here - notified that it was "fixed" - but it never was "fixed" for me.

Quicken Deluxe Version 7.0.3 (Build 700.48782.100) 
    macOS 13.3.1 (a), M2 MacBook Pro

• Koa1
    Koa1 Member ✭✭
    same issue here - was not fixed for Quicken Mac latest version using MAC OS Ventura. Any fix yet , called support no help as well.
  • Boilerth98
    Boilerth98 Member

Same issue here - Was sent a notice that the issue was "resolved" months ago yet it still isn't working.

• gregneg
    gregneg Mac Beta Beta
    edited May 2023

In my opinion, Q calling it an Apple issue is bogus.

Every other app on my Intel iMac that does message 2FA confirmation works just fine ( just like Q used to).

I'm waiting on Q to respond honestly (like maybe it's #1,697 on our list of things to do?)— instead of wasting everybody's time calling "support"

27" iMac 5K OS Ventura Quicken user since it was just a check register.

• jacobs

I agree it’s a Quicken problem rather than an Apple problem. Unfortunately posts on this site are not seen by the developers (unless they come here looking for something); calling Support is a channel which can get an issue pushed to the developers, especially if they’re getting multiple calls on the same issue. No guarantee it will help.

This discussion has been closed.