R49.29 "Delete Attachments From Cloud" Option is Gone

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: R49.22 - Attachments are uploading to cloud when mobile sync is set to OFF.

Comments

• SquishyD
    SquishyD Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue here. It's been going on for quite some time - several years actually (see linked discussion).

Now with R49.29, it also appears that the workaround to "Delete from Cloud" option is gone for attachments. Any ideas as to whether Quicken finally fixed the problem of attachments being uploaded without the user's permission? Or have we simply lost the ability to delete cloud attachments entirely?

If I cannot control which of my personal documents is being sent to Quicken's servers, that will be enough to make me abandon the platform after 15 or so years.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @SquishyD,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!

(CTP-6798)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• SquishyD
    SquishyD Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Kristina said:
    > Hello @SquishyD,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.
    >
    > This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > (CTP-6798)

This is great, but I'd prefer/add that the dev team needs to focus on the underlying issue: we should be able to stop attachments from being sent to the cloud in the first place. For users who do not use the mobile/web sync features, there is no reason that our attachments should ever touch a Quicken server to begin with.

Solve that, and the "Delete from cloud missing" issue becomes secondary and less critical.
This discussion has been closed.