Quicken on the Web-Downloading and Sync data to desktop

Options

Contacted Quicken support yesterday, and I believe provided incorrect information. I log into Quicken on the web, it immediately begins a download for all my online accounts. When I am done, I log out. When I login in to the desktop version and sync, everything from the web base comes over. However, when I indicated to support that I would be using the web version as I will be away from my home office (I do not want to transfer databases from desktop to laptop-long story of previous issues), she indicated that when I come back to my home office and sync with the desktop, there is no assurance that anything I saved in the web version will be intact and saved and come over to the desktop. Is that correct?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Steve Palm Springs,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. If it is already synced to a Quicken file on your desktop, then it should be able to pull in anything that downloaded or that you edited.

It is only if you start a new file through Quicken on the Web that you may not be able to pull the information into a Quicken file (reason being that Quicken is designed to work off of a file on your computer, so if you don't have the file on the computer first, then Quicken on the Web wouldn't see anything to sync to).

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Steve Palm Springs
    Options
    Thank you for the clarification
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your response,

If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.