Quicken web questions: Will not save category

I contacted Quicken support yesterday and believe they provided incorrect advice. I often leave my home office, and instead of remotely logging in from my laptop (with remote software) to input into Quicken for Windows, I decided to begin using the web version. I prefer not to move the database from one computer to another (too much info to share). When I log into the web version many times, the categories will not permanently save. I select it from the category and tag list, hit save, and it comes back as uncategorized. Has anyone had this issue before? The Quicken support agent said the web version was not for categorizing

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @Steve Palm Springs,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Did you have the ticket number from when you spoke with support?

Quicken on the Web does not have all the features available through the desktop program, but you should be able to update and save categories. If you haven't already, I would recommend resetting the cloud. To do that, you would need to be on the desktop program with the Quicken file you keep synced to the cloud open. Go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web. Click the blue link that says Reset your cloud data.

Follow the prompts and when the cloud reset is complete, log into Quicken on the Web and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Hi Kristina- I did reset the cloud data with no issues. Everything from the desktop was brought over. However, I still have the same problem. I created a transaction, chose the category and tag, depress save, and the web version came back with "uncategorized." It will not save. I have attempted this multiple times with the same result. Unfortunately, I deleted the email with the support ticket number.
  • Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your reply,

When did you first notice this issue? Is this happening in only one account or in multiple accounts? Have you tried following the troubleshooting steps in this article?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• I just started using Quicken Web early this week, and that is when I noticed this issue. I checked the article you provided and it seems this is for online banking issues. My issue is with categories. Online banking with Quicken Web is working fine. The category will not hold after I input and save. Same with the tag. I have tried this in multiple accounts on the Web. When I showed this to the Quicken chat support agent who logged into my computer, she said " the web version was not for this purpose". I know this was an incorrect response. Is there a means to get someone from Quicken to login with me to watch how I handle the transaction to see what occurs?
  • Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your reply,

I sent you a DM. Please check your inbox. It would be the envelope icon at the upper right of the screen.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.