Wells Fargo - no transactions downloaded

rpsandmeyerjr
rpsandmeyerjr Member ✭✭
Here we go again - I have got no transactions downloaded from Wells Fargo for past two days....
Deja vu.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @rpsandmeyerjr,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Aside from not being able to download transactions, do you also receive any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) while trying to connect? And which connection method are you using to connect (Express Web Connect or Direct Connect)?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Plowboy50
    Plowboy50 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue I am using Express Web Connection, it started on the 16th of May and I have no error coeds, it says 0 transactions downloaded.
  • Quicken Anja

Hello @Plowboy50,

Thank you for visiting the Community and adding to this discussion, though I apologize for the issue you are experiencing.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• ghclark
    ghclark Member ✭✭
    Same. Using Express Web Connect. Starting 5/16/23, posted transactions are not downloading. No error messages at all. Same issue in a separate quicken file I use for some business accounts.
  • Plowboy50
    Plowboy50 Member ✭✭
    It is not the file same issue after doing what was suggested. Will this be escalated to be looked at an fixed?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried any of the following? (Back up your data file before proceeding.)

1. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now. This needs to be done with each WF account individually. (If this doesn't resolve the issue for you, proceed to the next step.)
    2. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account > if prompted, make sure the appropriate account you are trying to reset is selected/matched. This needs to be done with each WF account individually. (If this doesn't resolve the issue for you, proceed to the next step.)
    3. Select one of the WF accounts in Quicken: Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate. If you have more affected WF accounts, repeat this for each one. Then select one of the WF accounts and Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Set Up Now > follow the prompts making sure, if prompted, that the downloaded data is Linked to the existing WF account(s) already in Quicken.

Several days ago my WF accounts with EWC stopped updating (no downloaded transactions, no updated Online Balances). #2 resolved the issue for me.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Plowboy50
    Plowboy50 Member ✭✭
    I have tried this I also tried to reset the account first and then I tried to deactivate and reactivate the account. Once the account was reactivated it said it would download the last 685 transactions, but it downloaded 0. So, it is not a file or activation problem. I would think the next step is up to quicken to resolve the problem since I am not the only one having this issue.
  • Trini
    Trini Member ✭✭✭

Just discovered that nothing from WF has downloaded since 5/16. Last few days have been getting 0 from WF when updating but no error. Hope it gets fixed soon since in addition to not downloading one item that was downloaded was matched to a 13 year old downloaded item of the same amount but with a 2023 date!!! Spent tons of time trying to figure out what was going on plus manually entering items from WF to get up to date. Please fix. Thank you.

• Boatnmaniac

At the top left of the Account Register, you should be seeing something like what is highlighted below in yellow. Are you seeing this?

• Plowboy50
    Plowboy50 Member ✭✭
    I see that but no transactions come across into the register. This is to the Quicken administrator when will this issue by corrected Quicken is becoming a accounting software without many integrations such as bill bay since this does not work anymore.
  • RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    I am having no issues downloading from Wells Fargo Bank via Direct Connect. Recent downloaded transactions are from the 17th and 18th of May.
  • Brice Glende
    Brice Glende Member ✭✭✭

I have the same problem.

• Boatnmaniac

EWC with WF has a long history of being problematic. Why it doesn't work well for some people but it does work well for others really is baffling.

WF does offer the superior Direct Connect (DC) connection method at no cost. It completes OSU much faster and is much more reliable than EWC. In addition, WF offers DC Bank Bill Pay for free and that is a highly desirable feature for many people.

To upgrade the connection method from EWC to DC:

1. Optional: Enter and save the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount into the Memo field. While this step is not necessary to complete this process, sometimes changing the connection method can introduce an error where the Opening Balance dollar amount is changed. If the correct amount is saved in the Memo field it is a very simple and fast thing then to resolve this issue.
    2. Back up the data file.
    3. Go to www.wellsfargo.com/fmssetup and log in to complete the setup process.
    4. Within 10 minutes of completing #3: In Account List: In the Transaction Download column, click on the blue font Improve connection and follow the prompts.
    5. Make sure, if prompted to Link the download(s) to the correct account(s).

If this upgrade process did not work:

1. Deactivate the WF account (Account List > Edit > Online Services tab > Deactivate). Repeat for all other WF account you have set up with EWC.
    2. If it has been more than 10 minutes since completing #3 above, repeat #3.
    3. Add Account > Wells Fargo > Direct Connect > Next > follow the setup prompts making sure to Link the downloaded data to the already existing accounts.

• Plowboy50
    Plowboy50 Member ✭✭
    Quicken needs to look into this and fix it I have tried all of the above and nothing works I have new entries in Wellsfargo CC account but they will not download.
  • susanschwartz511
    susanschwartz511 Member ✭✭

I am having the same problem with WF. Nothing downloaded since 5/20. Very frustrating.

• dec_2023
    dec_2023 Member

My WF download is also broken. :^(

• Quicken Anja

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and reporting this issue here, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Trini
    Trini Member ✭✭✭

Thank you. Hope all is corrected soon. ALso, I noticed that express connect now has a new look. Discovered that my discover bank card final amount did not look right and on further investigating (more time) noticed that for some reason some older items from 2022 were downloaded a second time, not sure why! So I had to check through and delete all the 'new' downloads which were really just duplicates. My guess is that this new interface has also played havoc with WF downloads, and hopefully, apart from these 2 of mine nothing else. Time will tell. While all this is going on my Quicken subscription is up in a few weeks and on checking to renew noticed that a new subscriber gets a sizable discount but old timers who are dealing with all these time consuming concerns have to pay full price to renew. This does not seem fair. Happy that new folks are getting a deal but what about also cutting some deal for long time users. Thanks again for attending to the WF problem.

• jlockvis
    jlockvis Member

Same problem im seeing. No error reported by Quicken, just not recording any transactions in the last two days and there are many!

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    For the record, I am not experiencing any issues downloading transactions from Wells Fargo. However, I am using a Direct Connect access connection. Windows 49.33.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited May 2023

The same with me: DC in my main data file for checking and credit card….no issues whatsoever. I wonder why no one in this thread has mentioned that they tried to change their connection to DC and what the result was?

I also have these same 2 accounts set up with EWC in a TEST data file and have been experiencing no issues with EWC in that file except for the very brief issue and easily resolved one a few days prior to 5/20 that I'd mentioned earlier. This goes back to my earlier question: Why is it that some people are having connection/download issues with EWC while others are not?

• Plowboy50
    Plowboy50 Member ✭✭
    This morning mine started to download the transactions from the 16th of May on hopefully it will continue to work from now on.
  • ghclark
    ghclark Member ✭✭
    Yep, it's working.
  • Butchp
    Butchp Member ✭✭

Still not working and getting worse. Now it took my Wells Fargo accounts off of the one step update list. So now I don't get any errors because it doesn't even try.

Yesterday it said I didn't need a password and I know it was in there before.

• tk2johnson
    tk2johnson Member ✭✭

After I reconnect to WF it works for that day and I get my transactions… the next day it isn't working and I have to reset my connection & get my transactions. Rinse and repeat.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited June 2023

You should not need to Reset Account every time. Have you tried doing Update Now, instead? (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now.)

If Update Now works with WF but One Step Update does not, then it is likely your OSU Settings need to be adjused to include WF during OSU. If WF is not included in the OSU Settings, then when you do OSU WF will not be updated giving the appearance that your WF connection is failing.

To get to OSU Settings, click on the drop-down arrow as shown here:

If you have PW Vault set up, you will need to enter your PW for it. Make sure to click on Settings, not on Update Now.:

Make sure the box for WF is checked and then make sure to click on Apply (so any Settings changes you make will be remembered for OSUs going forward).:

Let me know if this helped resolve the issue for you or if it still exists.

• tk2johnson
    tk2johnson Member ✭✭

Hi there, thank you for the info… it's been a couple days now that it's been working correctly and I haven't needed to do anything special, so I didn't need to do what you recommended (I just saw your advice now). Thank goodness! I hope everyone else is working OK now too.

• tk2johnson
    tk2johnson Member ✭✭

The last 2 days the same issue has cropped up again, my transactions are not downloading.

This discussion has been closed.