T-Mobile degraded connection - seeking status update

Became T-Mobile customer in April 2023. Have not been able to get Quicken to synch with T-Mobile. E-mail from Quicken + community discussion acknowledges degraded connection to T-Mobile, but this info is buried in discussion about a recent patch.

It appears that the T-Mobile issue would qualify for "alert" status, to allow us to track progress more readily. Can you please list T-Mobile under "known issues", set it for alerts, or both?

This has been going on for over a month but seems to have gotten lost in some general patch issues.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Please consider:

• mysticae
    mysticae Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > Please consider:

Not an issue. Thank you for sharing this again. Just seeking to have the T-Mobile degraded connection clearly trackable, distinct from recent patch issues.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@mysticae Please explain "degraded connection". What changed? What was Before and what's Now?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mysticae
    mysticae Member ✭✭
    @NotACPA
    I'm using "degraded connection" based on a reply from Quicken-Kristina in another thread: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7933692/unable-to-update-billers-after-r-49-22-update.

Nothing changed for me, in that I don't think T-Mobile ever connected properly. I switched my cell service to T-Mobile, was waiting for it to go through (connected, waiting on bill, I think), then a couple Quicken patches, errors, and an email from Quicken saying that T-Mobile connection was a known issue and being worked on (same email re: Hulu, since resolved).
  • mysticae
    mysticae Member ✭✭
    Any updates on this?
  • mysticae
    mysticae Member ✭✭
    Still looking for an update. Currently on Version R50.8, Build 27.1.50.8. Quicken has never properly downloaded T-Mobile bills/balances. Quicken staff acknowledged the problem over a month ago, have not seen any progress since then.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

FWIW, I'm still waiting as well. I was a Sprint customer and eBills worked great. Switched to T-Mobile and no eBills.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • mysticae
    mysticae Member ✭✭

Still waiting, if not for a fix, at least some further acknowledgment would be nice.

Anybody home at Quicken???

• Lilwing
    Lilwing Member

Quicken Bill Manager has failed every time I've tried to update T-Mobile bill for at least two months. The Quicken message is always "response always consists of the messages shown below. All of my other online bill updates work fine. Is anyone even looking into this or working on it?

• mysticae
    mysticae Member ✭✭

And . . . still hoping for Quicken to respond.

• mysticae
    mysticae Member ✭✭

The images posted by Lilwing are the same messages I receive when attempting to update T-Mobile.

• parameter
    parameter Member

Have there been any updates regarding this issue? If T-Mobile isn't supported, please remove T-Mobile from the supported billers list.

• mysticae
    mysticae Member ✭✭

Just attempted to add T-Mobile again (having deleted awhile back). I got the "Still connecting to T-Mobile" message. I clicked "fix this" after adding and it popped up the screen for verification, enter the code that T-Mobile texts to you. It triggered T-Mobile to text me a code and I entered. The status returned to "Still connecting to T-Mobile".

I don't think it has reliably brought up the verification screen in the past, and it I think one that time it did and I received a verification code from T-Mobile, the code might have been sent by email hours after the request, with a 10-minute expiration or something.

Will check it again in a couple days, update if any change.

• mysticae
    mysticae Member ✭✭

Follow-up, did attempt "fix it" a few more times since adding T-Mobile again. Entry continues to show "Attention Required: We're working on linking T-Mobile. We'll let you know if we need anything else."

I'm not optimistic. Quicken, do you have any info?

• mysticae
    mysticae Member ✭✭

Just to note, State Farm worked previously; it is now broken too. Please note, I don't use Quicken to PAY my bills, only to TRACK them through connections to billers (so while the standard pasted of advice about workarounds for billpay may be nice, they don't resolve my complaint). I don't trust Quicken to pay my bills properly.

I agree that it would be most helpful if Quicken would simply make some decisions about what connections will be possible and inform us, rather than playing this "what you can expect" game and suggesting that someday the broken connection will magically work.

• SeaStar
    SeaStar Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023

Inability to authenticate my T-Mobile account with Quicken exactly matches Mysticae's Sep 6 2023 explanation of tasks and results: Repeated "fix-its" do not fix or enable a connection via Quicken. Like several others, I'd appreciate a release of solution to this error soon.

• mysticae
    mysticae Member ✭✭

So it is now 4 months since I posted this question. What is the typical timeframe for a response from Quicken on an issue like this?

Please note that the original request was not even seeking resolution, just a method of tracking the question. It is not clear at this point that Quicken has read the question, so not clear that any tracking will be available.

• mysticae
    mysticae Member ✭✭

T-Mobile "fix this" option popped up again since most recent Quicken update. I'm encouraged that it brought up the screen to "Edit your T-Mobile account". Problem is that it does not appear possible to complete. I can opt to text a code to my mobile phone, and then to enter the code, but there appears to be no step in between. So I have to enter the code before I can leave the screen that let me opt to request a code, if that makes sense.

Put another way, I can't "continue" because I can't enter a code. I can't trigger a code to be sent until I can "continue".

• mysticae
    mysticae Member ✭✭

Ok, completely confused. Tried again today, screen made sense. The "Identification Code" box was not present on initial pop-up screen. I completed the info and pressed "continue", got screen to enter identification code. Did not get a code (checked spammed/block texts as well). Cancelled edit.

Re-opened Quicken and tried again. Back to the screen shown above, except the "Let's confirm it's you" box has no content, allows typing rather than showing a drop-down (typing displays dots, as the password field does). The identification code box is back on the initial screen, so the circular issue noted above is present again.

• kwallyz
    kwallyz Member ✭✭

Well it finally worked for me - I entered my email and password and requested a code. After a few minutes I got the code and was able to enter it. Supposedly it’s now waiting for a new bill.

• mysticae
    mysticae Member ✭✭

After reading kwallyz message I tried again. This time deleted the old connection attempt and used email rather than phone number. It did allow me to enter email/password and continue (not asking for ID code on the same screen), did trigger T-Mobile to send an ID code, and has gotten to the "working on linking" message. This appears to be the state that I reached on Aug 29 (posted above), but is an improvement over recent attempts, so maybe?

• mysticae
    mysticae Member ✭✭

And . . . nope.

Clicking the "Fix it" option invites me to wait, then results in the "Unable to update billers screen", with text "Quicken could not retrieve the list of billers. Please try again later."

State Farm is broken again too; "Fix it" yielded the same "Unable to update" result.

• mysticae
    mysticae Member ✭✭

Bump . . . still no joy for T-Mobile or State Farm connections.