Adding attachment to transaction from clipboard crashes or locks Quicken

Options
Jweller
Jweller Member

When I try to attach an image to a transaction using Quicken's Clipboard option it either crashes or locks up. The attachment feature has always been somewhat unreliable—when doing attachments for a bunch of transaction after about 20 transactions it would stop working and I'd have to restart Quicken. Annoying as that always was, I could deal with it. However, now it is just crashing or locks up almoste immediately.

Quicken, Home, Business, Rental v.R49.29 / Build 27.1.49.29

Windows 11 Pro

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Jweller,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community.

We do currently have an ongoing active alert regarding users experiencing crashing when performing different functions in Quicken for Windows. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

I do apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• casiano
    casiano Member
    Options

Jasmine,

I have exactly the same problem ever since the update 2 wks ago. Program crashes every time I add an attachment to the register. I've sent over 30 error reports, most with my email specified.

I do find that if I first enter the transaction, and then go back and attach, the program still crashes, but at least the attachment is there on the next start. Having said that, often (but not always) the program crashes when I try to view the attachment… Clearly a serious bug.

As far as your LINK above - when I click that, I get a screen that says: Permission Problem. You don't have permission to do that.

So the link is pretty worthless.

This discussion has been closed.