Why won't Quicken Download from Navy Federal Credit Union?

Randall1
Randall1 Member

Today, after years of successful downloads from NFCU, with two factor authentication, suddenly the download doesn't work and the fault is, there is an account mismatch or the account doesn't exist. [Removed-Language] Any ideas?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

If this is the first day of this happening I would suggest doing the following.

• If OSU fails, try Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now. This will often work when getting this error message.
    • If Update Now fails: Backup file > Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account.
    • If Reset Account fails: Since this is a weekend day, it is quite possible that NFCU is doing system maintenance which mostly happens on weekends and has restricted access to 3rd party softwares like Quicken. The best option in this case is to try downloaded again later in the day or perhaps even the next business day.
    • If by the next business day the same error message is encountered: Backup file > Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > Set Up Now. If prompted, make sure the Link the download(s) to the accounts that are already in Quicken.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• PWillette
    PWillette Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. Started yesterday. Multiple attempts over many hours/days still results in inability to download or connect to NFCU. Username/password/TFA working properly. I will try tomorrow during "normal working hours" on a "business day."
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

If the troubleshooting steps @Boatnmaniac provided don't resolve the issue, please note that the account mismatch error (error code CC-506) is a known issue that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #: 9807272)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ladyklh
    ladyklh Member

I have had the same issue for the last few days. I spent over an hour on the phone with NFCU tech support. We tried all the steps mentioned above, but with no luck. I hope Quicken can resolve this soon.

• ChocolateGirlRich
    ChocolateGirlRich Member ✭✭

Well I'm having the same issue with NFCU. Quicken is not getting the two factor authentication from NFCU. I tried email and phone. Nothing worked. This started Friday, May 19. I can access NFCU's website without issue.

• jmclagan
    jmclagan Member ✭✭
    The reps I've spoken with blame the bank. Not a surprise!!

I have detailed my experience thus far in this post - https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7935110/navy-federal-credit-union-multi-factor-authorization-email-option-no-longer-working#latest
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello All,

Our service provider reported that they implemented a fix for the FDP-106/CC-506 error. Please backup your Quicken file, then reset the Navy Federal Credit Union accounts that are giving you that error message.

To reset an account, go to Tools>Account List. Then, click the Edit button next to the account. Select the Online Services tab. Click the Reset Account button and follow the prompts.

If the issue persists after you have reset the account, please reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• PWillette
    PWillette Member ✭✭
    This is still not working, after 2 business days of trying. Please fix the connection between Quicken and Navy Federal Credit Union.
  • jmclagan
    jmclagan Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    I can confirm that the above fix does not correct the issue for me. Behavior is exactly the same as previously reported.

I called Quicken Support just now and they stated they know about the issue and don't have a timeline on the fix. She further stated that she isn't sure why Kristina (Moderator) provided that information as it is inaccurate and they are still working on the issue and it has not been resolved as described above.

The one take away from this is that at least now Quicken Support is acknowledging it is an issue on their side and not blaming the bank. Our course your mileage may vary in speaking with support as each rep appears to tell a different story.

Good Luck
  • prettykoolchick
    prettykoolchick Member ✭✭

Day 6 and still no resolution

• rlmoffatt
    rlmoffatt Member, Windows Beta Beta
    still not working since May 18
  • Bernard Obsuna
    Bernard Obsuna Member ✭✭

Quicken Kristina,

Reseting does not work because it requires TFA which is the issue since we cannot receive the security code

• dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

I tried the steps that were outlined above to reset the account, and now I’m getting a CC-502 error even after getting a 2FA text message (appears only 2FA text works, 2FA by email is still down), so I can no longer reset the account (and now it is deactivated).

My username and password combo work as I can receive a 2FA text message, but now it appears (my guess) the CC-502 error indicates account data are not available. If others attempted to perform a reset and are getting the CC-502 error, that'd be helpful to know, so I can wait and stop spinning my wheels/tilting at windmills.

Quicken user since 1996
    Quicken Home & Business Subscription
  • dbrown300
    dbrown300 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Can't even reset the account tonight. CC-502 error.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Have any of you for whom the Reset process did not work follow thru on @Quicken Kristina's other suggestion?:

If the issue persists after you have reset the account, please reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Tedster 9001
    Tedster 9001 Member ✭✭

Same here and been going on for over a week, reset makes no difference, just tried again this morning. 2FA never stopped working for me though text message, but it still throws error code CC-506. If you try a reset it throws an error message saying "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)". This is new, and it also has the option to try again, or enter transactions manually which it defaults to. Sounds like Quicken broke their backend talking to NFCU. Authentication works, but after that it's borked. :(

• jordanal
    jordanal Member ✭✭
    Same here, all attempts to complete the TFA code response now fails with CC-502 - last worked 2 days ago.
  • Alli1045
    Alli1045 Member

Not only is this happening with Navy Federal, it is also happening with Capital One and now…….wait for it……Wells Fargo. This product is getting worse by the month.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

To all those who were seeing that CC-502 error code in recent days…

After getting the error code for the last 3-4 days, download is now again working for me for all NFCU accounts.

I suggest that you try again.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Pdubs
    Pdubs Member

Still not able to connect to NFCU after a week. super frustrating. Quicken what is the fix for this?

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

Hi @Pdubs,

Can you tell us which error code you are seeing, or - if no error code - what happens when you try to connect "after a week"? When was the last time that you tried to connect with NFCU? Any additional information will help us to help you.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Brassboy77
    Brassboy77 Member ✭✭

Same here. Over a week now. Can't even complete account reconnect. When 2FA code is sent in, I get this response which makes no sense. If all accounts have been disconnected(which I did) and now I am reconnecting them through the standard add account procedure, how can there be an account mismatch? mismatch to what? Come on guys/gals at Quicken. You need to get this fixed.

• Brassboy77
    Brassboy77 Member ✭✭

Sorry, I should have put last comment under Quicken for Mac, but still it is the same problem that Windows and Mac Quicken Users are having. Very frustrating.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

Hi @Brassboy77 ,

I appreciate your above "correction", however there are significant differences between Quicken Windows and Q Mac. While both Q and Mac users have recently encountered downloading problems this week, the errors you have posted above are not the same (or the Mac "Details" do not translate to Q Windows).

That being said, the recent problems seen by Windows users have been resolved. I cannot say the same for Mac users because I am not a Mac user.

Frankx

• ersatzcookie
    ersatzcookie Member ✭✭
    Same here. Started happening after I downloaded the Quicken Update. Lost 6 months of transactions on all downloaded accounts, now none will connect. I get a cc501 error on all.
  • dbrown300
    dbrown300 Member ✭✭
    Security codes: Works with sending to phone but not by email. No email is received.
  • prettykoolchick
    prettykoolchick Member ✭✭
    Mac Useer can confirm this is not working for us as well have not been able to download since 5/17, have tried all fixes
  • dpastula
    dpastula Member

I also am still having the issue connecting to Navy Federal Credit Union, its been going on for days now. I followed @Quicken Kristina instructions, it has not resolved the issue. I just chatted with Quicken Support Alex, he said it hasn't been resolved and is an ongoing investigation. He asked me to post my specifics. Resetting Navy Federal Credit Union did fix the issue. I deactivated and attempted to re-setup Online Services, now I getting CC-501 error. Note: I checked the Alerts on the Quicken website https://community.quicken.com/categories/alerts and did not see this listed.

• Tedster 9001
    Tedster 9001 Member ✭✭
    Just checked and tried again, still not working and Quicken has now deactivated all the accounts that were associated with Navy Fed after this last fail. This is now totally going in the wrong direction. :(
  • Oddman
    Oddman Member ✭✭

Exact same here. NFCU says it's a Quicken 2FA issue. I'm not sure about that. But someone needs to figure this out, quickly.

NFCU accounts are disabled now in Quicken. Ugh.

Does me no good to have accounting software that does not work. Maybe I need to find something that does.

This discussion has been closed.