Additional data being downloaded from the cloud

Benjy
Benjy Member ✭✭
I installed Quicken on my Android device. After I synced the data from my PC, the mobile app showed approximately 1800 shares of a stock in a Janus account. That data should not be there (although it shows me about $300,000 richer than I am!). The data on the PC is correct. How do I "clean out" the cloud data so that stock does not appear when I sync?

Best Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello @Benjy,

Thank you for coming back to update us and for sharing the troubleshooting steps that you took.

We are happy to hear that this issue has been resolved.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• bnc0123
    bnc0123 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I fixed my problem by adding 2 transactions to my Quicken desktop investment account

1) add shares 2289.04 Oracle

2) remove shares 2289.04 Oracle

This seems to have fixed the bogus Oracle holding in my Quicken mobile account

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @Benjy,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest resetting your cloud data from your Quicken desktop program and see if that may make a difference. However, before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, please follow the steps below to reset your cloud data.

1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile app
    2. On your desktop program go to Edit
    3. Preferences...
    4. Mobile & Web
    5. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data
    6. On the following screen you can leave the preselected option for "No, just reset my Cloud data", type Yes in the entry field to confirm, and click Reset
    7. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    8. Navigate to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu 
    9. Select Cloud Sync to resync your data and to make sure no errors occur
    10. Wait for it to finish syncing 
    11. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile app

Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Benjy
    Benjy Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your response. Followed the steps as suggested and it took care of one problem but created another. The stock in question is CME. I own 6 shares in a Morgan Stanley account. The original problem after I installed the mobile app was that it added 1850 shares of this stock to a Janus account I have. After following your suggestion, it removed that stock from my Janus account, but added those 1850 shares to the 6 I have in the Morgan stanley account. Those steps also zeroed out a Janus Roth IRA account I have (different from the one it originally put those shares in). So I deleted the transaction that bought those 6 shares. I then resynced the cloud. Now the mobile app is adding1879 shares of AZN to the Janus account where it originally put the CME shares. (The Janus IRA is OK now!) Again, AZN is a stock I own in the Morgan Stanley acount (but only 74 shares.) Where is it getting all thes other phantom shares?
  • Quicken Jasmine

Hello @Benjy,

Thank you for providing more information.

Are you experiencing these phantom shares in both your mobile application and your desktop application?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Benjy
    Benjy Member ✭✭
    Jasmine: Only getting these phantom shares on the mobile application. The desktop is correct.
  • Quicken Jasmine

Hello @Benjy,

Thank you for providing more information.

Since this issue is only occurring in your mobile application then I suggest that you try manually resetting your cloud data by creating a test file and deleting your cloud account from that test file. After that, you would attempt to resync your main data file which should then create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within that data file).

First, please proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, and review the section titled: "Creating a new file"). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
    5. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete

After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down and review the section titled: "How to alternate between multiple files"). 

Once your main file opens, resync your data by navigating to the Mobile & Web tab and clicking on the blue Get Started button, and then the blue Sync Now button and see whether or not the errors you were receiving persist. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Benjy
    Benjy Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your response. I created a new data file and used that for web access..everything looked OK. But when I synced that to the mobile, those phantom CME shares re-appeared (in my Janus account). Researched all the Janus transactions, but could find no reference to CME. So I deleted the Janus account, and re-entered the two mutual funds. They have placeholders (but that's OK.) Resynced with the mobile, and now everything is correct there too (yeah!) Somewhere in the Janus transaction history those CME shares had been lurking! 😃
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓

Hello @Benjy,

Thank you for coming back to update us and for sharing the troubleshooting steps that you took.

We are happy to hear that this issue has been resolved.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

• bnc0123
    bnc0123 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I fixed my problem by adding 2 transactions to my Quicken desktop investment account

1) add shares 2289.04 Oracle

2) remove shares 2289.04 Oracle

This seems to have fixed the bogus Oracle holding in my Quicken mobile account

This discussion has been closed.