Secondary security login is minimized

When Quicken for Windows is launched and password in entered a second sign in screen is minimized and cannot be maximized to sign in and use the program.

I downloaded and installed the version again but no change.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @jfrrocs,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

In order to better assist you further, could you please provide screenshots of the issue you described above? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jfrrocs
    jfrrocs Member

Thanks anyway - finally got the minimized screen to expand so I got in.

Next question - How do I delete my data file from the Online Quicken? I uploaded it by mistake.

Thank you.

JFR

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Thank you for following up and letting us know the original issue has been resolved.

To delete your data from the Quicken Cloud, you will need to delete the Cloud Account. However, before you proceed, we recommend that you first save a backup (just in case). After that, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Instructions and open the blue dropdown section titled: "Creating a new file"). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
    5. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete

After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Instructions and open the blue dropdown section titled: "How to alternate between multiple files"). 

Once your main file opens, turn off Cloud Sync. Please follow the instructions provided below in order to do so.

1. Navigate to Edit 
    2. Preferences
    3. Mobile & Web
    4. Turn Sync OFF. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.