Repeated US Bank connection requests

Options
Richard064
Richard064 Member ✭✭
edited June 2023 in Using Quicken on the Web
I receive a request each time I log on to Quicken to update my account connection with USB despite repeated acknowledgements from USB that the connection has been updated. Anyone have a clue?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @Richard064,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. You posted in the Quicken on the Web section of the community. Is that where you are encountering this issue? If so, you would need to use the version of Quicken on your computer to update the connection.

When Quicken updates your accounts, if it sees any that are still showing connected via a method the financial institution no longer supports, you will get a pop up that looks like the sample image below.

If you are seeing that pop up, take note of the account names it is showing you. Those account names are the ones Quicken thinks are still connected by the old connection method.

Are those accounts inactive or closed? If so, then you would want to backup your Quicken file and disconnect those accounts.

If they are active accounts, then you would want to go to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts and review the list to see if you have any extra accounts connected to US Bank. Accounts that are connected will show the financial institution name in the financial institution column.

If you have extra accounts, that may mean that when you went through the reauthorization process, the accounts got added as new rather than linked to the existing (or got linked to a wrong account).

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.