No new quotes or investing headlines were downloaded for the securities below. For AT&T.

Michael Wacey
Michael Wacey Member ✭✭
edited May 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I have Quicken 2017 but this issues was in Quicken 2016. Every time I download, I get this message and it shows Gillette and AT&T in the list. Gillette I understand. But, I do not understand AT&T. It's symbol is T and when I download quotes for it, it work. I have a history of quotes and get Investing Headlines. Is there any way to fix this? I ran a fix on the file and it found no issues.

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I believe there is a disconnect on the pointers to the specific securities that are not getting prices downloaded.  That is, it is likely true that two securities are not getting the data, but I don't believe Quicken points to the correct ones (AT&T and Gillette, in your case).  

When I took on the task of resolving this issue in my data, I think I ended up working through a portfolio view by security and the security list.  Fortunately, I quickly found two bonds tagged to download security prices but which did not have valid tickers.  Unchecking the box on the security list fixed the issue.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    q.lurker said:

I believe there is a disconnect on the pointers to the specific securities that are not getting prices downloaded.  That is, it is likely true that two securities are not getting the data, but I don't believe Quicken points to the correct ones (AT&T and Gillette, in your case).  

When I took on the task of resolving this issue in my data, I think I ended up working through a portfolio view by security and the security list.  Fortunately, I quickly found two bonds tagged to download security prices but which did not have valid tickers.  Unchecking the box on the security list fixed the issue.

Interesting. I have the same issue with AT&T. Will have to look for an invalid ticker flagged for download in my security list.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    q.lurker said:

Confirmed. Removing the invalid tickers from quote update stopped the erroneous reporting for AT&T.

How did you ever figure that out?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2017
    I've had this problem for a while and it would not go away by just unclicking the download prices boxes. Here is what I did to finally fix it. It was a hit and miss in fixing individual stocks until all I had left was AT&T. It seems like prices are downloading but it was generating that error report.

1) I edited the stock to take out the stock symbol. 
    2) Synced to download prices and AT&T went away from the error report but another one Ford popped up. I again edited the stock to take out the stock symbol and synced again.
    3) A third one popped up and I did the same thing.
    4) After no errors in downloading prices came up, I used the look up function in the stock edit window to add the symbol back to the previous stocks.

This fixed the problem for me.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    It would be really nice to have some kind of log that would identify the offending securities.

I have had three securities that would not download and was able to find two tickers that I fixed.  Now I am down to one error message and so far, have not been able to find it.  Mind you, I have about 100 securities in my account, so it seems like finding a needle in a haystack.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Rick G said:

It would be really nice to have some kind of log that would identify the offending securities.

I have had three securities that would not download and was able to find two tickers that I fixed.  Now I am down to one error message and so far, have not been able to find it.  Mind you, I have about 100 securities in my account, so it seems like finding a needle in a haystack.

@Rick:  My path for identifying the missing security is a bit rocky. 

I will first review any bonds I have to make sure they are not checked to download quotes.

Second, I will create a portfolio view with all accounts including the watch list, all securities and typically group by security type.  Either doing that late in the day (after all prices are updated) or setting the As of date back to yesterday or last close, I can then scan down the list to see which ones do not have a current quote - they show the little clock face next to the quote.  Then I investigate those to see why the price was not updated with the others.  

I think at times I have had to search in a third direction, but I don't have a set technique at that point.

I too wish their report was accurate as to which ones were amiss. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Rick G said:

@q.lurker -- that is pretty much what I did early.

I took another pass with a new view as you suggest and checked all of my zero holdings and all those with 'clocks'.  I did find one additional security that I had zero holdings of and was still downloading.

Unfortunately, I still have the one stock showing as a failure download.  In the beginning, it was 'T', but it looked like it was downloading.  Now its 'K', which I no longer have any holdings in.

Other than throwing off the error message, I can't see any real problem,  The only problem appears to be my OCD and my desire to eliminate the error message.
This discussion has been closed.