PayPal on watch list

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited June 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I added PayPal Holdings (PYPL) to my watch list. Unlike every other one that I added, it does not show in the Quotes view. If I click on Edit for the Watch List, I see it there. I've done a one step update, and even closed and reopened Quicken.

This is on QWin 2016 Deluxe R10.

Any ideas about this? Thanks.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Have you customized the Portfolio view to include the PayPal security?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    mshiggins said:

... and have you customized the Portfolio view to include the "Watch List" "account"?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    mshiggins said:

I'm in the default quotes view. Didn't change it at all about this particular instrument, and never had to do this before. And yes, my list of watches are in this view.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    mshiggins said:

FWIW:  a "default" portfolio view (for Quotes, Values, any Show) is a one-time thing.  If you choose to customize that view by changing the account selection, the security selection, the column display, etc., that customization carries over to your next access of that specific view.  In most cases, the selections are for all accounts and all securities such that new additions automatically appear.  But if the account and security list selection has been customized, then new additions will not automatically appear.  What mshiggins and I suggested are the most likely reasons for a security to not appear.

Followup:  If you change the Group By selection to Account or to Security, does the security appear where expected?
    If I click on Edit for the Watch List, I see it there.
    That "edit" is just pulling up the Security list.  I'll take it as face value that when you see that list, the Watch List check box for PayPal is checked.  (That is to say, that popup list was not singularly watch list securities.)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    mshiggins said:

I tried all of the groupings, and it never showed up. I've never customized the view, but just for grins I reset it. This time it showed up as expected. Thanks.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    mshiggins said:

I believe if you previously owned the security and have re-added it to your holdings, the Portfolio will not automatically pick it up. You have to customize to include it.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.