2018 Income & Expenses graph colors changed from Green/Red to Orange/Yellow, can't change back

Kevin Jarrett
Kevin Jarrett Member ✭✭✭
Just installed 2018 (Windows), R2.3, Build 27.1.2.20. Income vs. Expense graph now uses Orange and Yellow for Income and Expenses respectively, where it used to be Green and Red. Customizing via Preferences menu does nothing. In the screenshots you can see I changed anything that looked Orange to BLACK just to see if it made a difference and ... nope. No changes. It's a minor problem really but still annoying. Opened a case, #01219769. Anyone else?

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017
    This was reported as a bug in Quicken 2018 beta testing . It should (hopefully) be fixed in a future patch release.
  • Kevin Jarrett
    Kevin Jarrett Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Good to know. Thanks. Should be an easy fix.
  • BobH
    BobH Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    This is exactly what I'm seeing. Really no way to change so far. Hope they
    can fix soon.
  • RogerMontemayor
    RogerMontemayor Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Same problem here.  I changed the palette of colors also, but it had no effect.  New bug to be added to the old ones that have been around for multiple releases . . .
  • Kevin Jarrett
    Kevin Jarrett Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Excited to see a new update, R3 Build 27.1.3.1, but ... this still doesn't work. My colors changed slightly but the customization options have no effect. Maybe next time? :(
  • Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I vote to bring back the RED and GREEN colors; if we cannot change the palette of colors for graphs. 
    Running on the Quicken Windows Premier Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017
    Agree completely, don't give a hoot about customizing the palette, just want my RED and GREEN back, please! :)
  • Kevin Jarrett
    Kevin Jarrett Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Agree completely, don't give a hoot about customizing the palette, just want my RED and GREEN back, please! :)
  • Kevin Jarrett
    Kevin Jarrett Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    FWIW, with the update to R3 27.1.3.1, my 'yellow' has turned to a shade of ... what is this ... brown? Delightful!

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017

FWIW, with the update to R3 27.1.3.1, my 'yellow' has turned to a shade of ... what is this ... brown? Delightful!

Found a way to change colors! 

Go to: Reports/Reports and Graphs/Preferences/Colors/Graph and Chart Colors/Custom/Preview

Changing the top two colors will change the colors in the graph.

Worked for me, hope this helps.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017

Note:

This worked for the Projected Balances Graph, not sure if it will help with others.

• Kevin Jarrett
    Kevin Jarrett Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

Thanks, does not work with Income and Expenses, the only one I care about personally. Glad you found a solution for you, though!
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Has anyone seen the colors in the QW2018 Lifetime Planner chart? They are really hideous.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• BobH
    BobH Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017

Does not work. Just got release 2018 R3 27.13.1 this AM. Graph changed by itself from ugly to an uglier goldish and oliveish. Trying to customize under Preferences does nothing. What is so hard about this program change?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017

Just installed 2018 version... I cannot believe that they changed the colors to such ugly/dirty colors. Why? Sure hope they provide us the choice of our own colors soon as it should be an easy fix! 
  • Kevin Jarrett
    Kevin Jarrett Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Another update ... R3.4, Build 27.1.3.4 ... still not fixed.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017

Just updated to 2018 version R1  27.1.1.136 my projected balances graph colors changed to yellow and orange. Need my green and red back. Why did they mess with this! HELP!
  • BobH
    BobH Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    New update, same unchangeable colors. Must be a very challenging code change.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    BobH said:

New update, same unchangeable colors. Must be a very challenging code change.

Or just not a high enough priority. 
  • Kevin Jarrett
    Kevin Jarrett Member ✭✭✭
    Hello out there!

Is this ever going to be addressed?

A minor complaint, to be sure, but, it's still not working in R19.44, Build 27.1.19.44 (Windows), nearly two years after I (and others) have asked about it.

Just saying...

Thanks, kj
This discussion has been closed.