Accounts for Merrill Lynch over stated.

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
i have recently moved to Merrill Lynch from Schwab.    For my 3 accounts, each account is overstated by the cash amount.   When ML moves cash into a "deposit fund" the similar amount is not deducted from Cash.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: My accounts do not show the same as my online account information for my IRA, 401....

Comments

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    What is your connection method to ML?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017
    Direct Connect
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    It might have something to do with QM not linking MM cash accounts, did you check the transaction registers for placeholders?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017
    Not sure what u mean .... is there an online explanation of what to look for?
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    In the transaction registers in question scroll to the beginning of the register , placeholders are are shown in light gray, if you do indeed have placeholder entries you will need to either modify or delete them. B4 doing so make sure your datafile is totally backed up
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017
    k .... the placeholders are there .... will backup & delete 
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    B4 you delete them make sure they are making sense as it relates to the transactions, try deleting one a t a time then see if your data is accurate, if its not solving your issue just undo the  delete
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017
    k .... looks correct now, performed an account update and things still look good... thx 
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    Nice!!! glad you got it correct
This discussion has been closed.