Home Business & Rental 2018 for Windows - Business tab slow and keeps asking for business accounts

Upgraded from 2016 to 2018 Home Business & Rental for Windows. When I click on the Business tab, it takes at least 1 1/2 minutes before the UI updates and I can again interact with it. All the other tabs (Spending, Bills & Income, etc.) update within a second or two, so this slowness is specific to the Business tab.

Also, after the Business tab stabilizes, it keeps posting a dialog asking me select business accounts, but I don't have separate business accounts, since my business items are included in my personal accounts.

Does anyone know how to fix the Business slowness, and to get it to stop asking for business accounts? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't help. My quicken file is big, so that might be related to the problem, but none of the other tabs are slow, so I'm not sure why Business would be slow because my large file. Thanks!

Rob

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

What kind of business are you running and how do you record, for example, Customer Invoices, Vendor Invoices, payments from customers or vendors?

Usually, as Business Accounts, one has at least one each of Customer Invoices (A/R) and Vendor Invoices (A/P) and an optional *Sales Tax* account.

For a test, create a copy of your Quicken data file.
    Using the Copy, create accounts of type Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
    Now, when you switch to the Business tab, how long does it take to open?

If it's fast, continue using the copy and abandon the original file.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Your suggestion worked! I created a dummy Vendor Invoice account, and now the Business tab updates quickly. Thanks for your help!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

Your suggestion worked! I created a dummy Vendor Invoice account, and now the Business tab updates quickly. Thanks for your help!

Thanks for reporting back. I'm glad my suggestion worked.
This discussion has been closed.