How would you like to receive your code (should I get a text message?)

Options
After Bank of America forced me to reset my password (on the 4th of July), each time I try to sign into Quicken (Windows) I get a message:

Quicken needs more information. How would you like to receive your code. (For reasons which escape me, I'm not allowed to cut/paste the exact text.) A dialog box is shown with xxx-xxx-ABCD where ABCD are the last 4 of my phone numbers. I select the mobile number and then.... the same message shows up. Repeat a few times then... nothing.

I'm not sure if I'm being ignored or if there are no transactions.

I *can* sign in just fine via Windows browsers, my Android etc. The new password is working etc. I just don't know why Quicken pops that message up and/or why I'm not getting any "code" at that phone number.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• BostonDriver
    BostonDriver Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. All that was setup. I never got the code.

I had to disable/enable online services and all worked again.

Answers

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @BostonDriver ,

If you go to: https://www.quicken.com/ and highlight Sign In and click My Account, you can select where and how to receive the Codes.

When you first install Quicken or do something out of character, that you haven't done in a while, it needs to verify you.

When you get the code via Email, just highlight the code only, no trailing spaces.
    Now go to the Quicken program, click on the box to paste the code into and use the Keyboard to paste the code in. (Ctrl-V).

To get the code via your Phone, your Phone Number needs to be registered in the United States and be verified. The same for your Email Address, which is usually your Quicken User ID, now.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• BostonDriver
    BostonDriver Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. All that was setup. I never got the code.

I had to disable/enable online services and all worked again.
This discussion has been closed.