FAQ: How to record Social Security Income & Customize Day of Month for Schedule

UKR
UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in FAQ'S (Windows)
How do I set up a Scheduled Income Reminder for my Social Security Income?
If the payment arrives on, for example, the 3rd Wednesday of each month ...

WINDOWS:

Work your way into the "How often" selection from left to right, selecting Monthly, every 1 month, then scroll the "on the" selection list until you find 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, then select "Wednesday" in the last selection list.
As to setting up the Split transaction detail, much depends on the categories you have available in your data file. Here's my setup. YMMV

MAC:

Work your way into the "Frequency" selection, select Monthly, and then click the arrow next to "Starting" to expand the view. Make your selection of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, then select the day of the week, such as "Wednesday". 

An example of a Split transaction detail in Mac:

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019
    How do I show a deposit for Social Security that is made every third Wednesday of the month?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2019

It's so simple once you know how.   Thank you.

• George Wiegand
    George Wiegand Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    2019 Mac How do I show a deposit for Social Security that is made every fourth Wednesday of the month?. It was set up in the 2016 mac program but when I upgraded to 2019 mac it switched it to monthly? However my wife stayed as it should 2 Wednesday.
  • George Wiegand
    George Wiegand Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I have 2019 Mac it Schedule only offers Monthly then day, however it has + which I have done and it adds another line which allows that has what I'm looking for BUT it does Not let me delete the Monthly and Day line so it duplicates the transaction?? I had with my 2016 mac program and it work fine. I have attached the screen image.
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    George

Starting with your first screenshot;
    In the slot showing "26th" - click the double arrow and select "4th" from the dropdown list.
    In the slot showing "Day" - click the double arrow and select "Wednesday" from the dropdown list.
    In the calendar at the right - select a starting date.

QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @""George Wiegand" ,

From Windows version of Quicken.

Question: When you installed the current version of Quicken for MAC, did you have an older version installed?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.