Total outage

Total outage today. After doing an update, serveral accounts were zeroed out. Upon restarting program, it crashes. What the hell has been going on with these multiple issues. I have been a customer for 25 years and am thinking of finding another product. They need to get their act together

Comments

• Gary
    Gary Member ✭✭
    When I try to start Quicken I get a BugSplat panel allowing me to enter details on system crash
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    are you using the Canadian version of Quicken for Windows, too?
    If you're on the same version, you and @ceschnurr should contact Quicken Support for assistance.

• Gary
    Gary Member ✭✭
    No I am not - using US version subscription. Just spent 3 hours on phone with support with no resolution. Desintalled/Reinstalled and ran cleaning routines and still have same issue
  • Gary
    Gary Member ✭✭
    They have been useless. How do I speak to a technical person not just a customer service rep
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • ceschnurr
    ceschnurr Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I just uninstalled/reinstalled Quicken, but get the same error.
    I've found in the past that sometimes, somehow these issues just resolve themselves in a couple days.
  • ceschnurr
    ceschnurr Member ✭✭✭
    After 2 uninstall/re-installs, I recognized that my error message was
    "Quicken unexpectedly quit the last time it was run".

So I performed 2 validate and repairs of the data file, and am now able to open the data files and Quicken is operating as desired.
This discussion has been closed.