Quicken - Help ->Tips & Tutorials - is there a way to disable the advertising - R25.10 ?

i have already paid for the program and am truly annoyed that they are advertising upgrades , cant see all the tutorial pages because of the floating popup geez so irritated should have went with YNAB or some other program very irritated now

Best Answer

• JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Note the camera on the same page, that will take you to some videos to help learn Quicken.
    Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version of Quicken....  Help --> About Quicken
    and .. Where are you seeing these advertising screens ? 
    What tutorial pages ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• quicken deluxe 2020 --> tips/tutuorials tab
    pop up advertising floats of the right 25% of the page .. obstructing view of the tutorial, i have searched and searched for a way to disable it and so far no luck
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    again - Help --> About Quicken
    what is the Build ...
    I just brought up the TIPS on my Quicken R24.14 -
    and I'm not seeing any floating ads..
    Any particular menu selection area that was causing these to appear ?
    EDIT - updating topic title wording to better reflect Q&A

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• version R25.10 .. same screen but click on the link "get started with quicken for windows" , scroll a bit and it pops up and wont go away
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    tnx - it might be related to the brand new R25.10 release...
    Is it the GUIDE or the VIDEO ?  (mine is R24.14 - so links might look different)
    • ImprovedTours (Formerly QCards) has been updated with new content and visual improvements.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• i checked.. its on all windows and mac guides and tips pages, all videos link to youtube so no adverts there. they are just trying too hard, its sad.
  • doesnt sound like this is an "improved tour" to me
  • JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    Is this what you are talking about?

(It does "float" to every screen you are on).  It doesn't get in my way much because I'm in full screen mode, and for the fact that I don't used it.  :) 

BTW they are trying to sell me Deluxe when I already have Premier.

But for the record this isn't the "Improved Tours".
    For that, on the Home tab:

And this comes up:

Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
  • yes that is the "floater". i seems as though the 'tips and tutorials' tab is a built into the program version of the quicken.com website.. will check out the 'tours' maybe i can find what i need there. oh and i am viewing full screen myself and while it doesnt obliterate all of the info on the tips page it does affect most that involve a screenshot
  • JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Note the camera on the same page, that will take you to some videos to help learn Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.