Set up Direct Connect with American Century and now have a new "Add Shares" line

The connection added a new line to the register for the total shares in the account. This has now incorrectly doubled the shares in the account. The account is over 10 years old and has lots of transactions. The security name for the manually entered transactions is "American Century Investments Ultra® Fund Investor Class". The "Add Shares" came in as "Ultra Fund" with no way to change it but that wouldn't really matter because it is the total shares in the account. I can delete the "Add Shares" line to get the account back to the correct # of shares and value but the next connection download adds it back. Is there a way to fix this?
Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1994
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I may have fixed the issues. I deleted the "Add Shares" line in the account and then I merged the "American Century Investments Ultra® Fund Investor Class" and "Ultra Fund" in the Securities list keeping the "American Century Investments Ultra® Fund Investor Class" name. I performed another update and the "Add Shares" line did not appear and the # of shares and balance is correct.

I don't know what will happen when a new reinvestment (DIv, ST, LT) occurs but I hope it doesn't come in as "Ultra Fund" or I'll have to do this again.

Answers

• Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I also now have a new security in my security list called "Ultra Fund" that I can't delete even though I deleted the only line in the account showing "Ultra Fund". How can I delete this?
  • Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I may have fixed the issues. I deleted the "Add Shares" line in the account and then I merged the "American Century Investments Ultra® Fund Investor Class" and "Ultra Fund" in the Securities list keeping the "American Century Investments Ultra® Fund Investor Class" name. I performed another update and the "Add Shares" line did not appear and the # of shares and balance is correct.

I don't know what will happen when a new reinvestment (DIv, ST, LT) occurs but I hope it doesn't come in as "Ultra Fund" or I'll have to do this again.
  • JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you got things well in hand.  Good luck with it!  :)
    Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
This discussion has been closed.