Bank of America Issues...OL-393-A 2/28/20

Answers

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited February 2020
    It worked for me tonight but not marked as fixed officially. Someone was still having bill pay problems though. 
  • GSW
    GSW Member ✭✭
    I've had the same problem over the past few days with OL-393-a and I think before that it was OL-362-a. I use Quicken Premier 2020 and I've been using Quicken since 1994. I never pay bills directly in Quicken due to some odd behaviors 20 years ago that just made me avoid that and I pay them in BofA's site and I rely on them to just download into Quicken. I also transfer funds directly in BofA's site just to keep my process consistent. This morning I ran a full One Step Update twice and I did NOT have the error today!!!

I've also noticed stability problems the past year or two with connections and updates of the data from those connections. I find myself fussing with Quicken and my connections far too much. For many years I could just run Quicken and One Step Update and all was good. Not any more.
  • pops-37
    pops-37 Member ✭✭
    This morning (March 1 at 6:15 am CT) it worked for me. It has not been working for about 5 days. Sad that it took so long to resolve, although the official post still says it is being addressed.
  • Albert Paris
    Albert Paris Member ✭✭
    > @"Albert Paris" said:
    > Same problem with BofA for 3 days in a row, i.e., the 'Direct Connect' feature between Quicken ad BofA no longer works. However, I can download transactions from BofA to Quicken when changing to the 'Express Web Connect' configuration in Quicken, but then it disables the 'Bill Pay' feature between Quicken and BofA, so Quicken becomes useless and I have to pay bills directly on the BofA website. I have been using Quicken for many years and it never happened. It is a waste of time and frustrating since we pay for the Quicken program annually to work as it should.

My problem got resolved today 1-Mar-2020. So far so good. Thanks for those who helped resolve this issue.
  • andrenj
    andrenj Member ✭✭
    I changed all my connections from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect using these instructions and now everything works! https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7827044/bank-of-america-accounts
  • Bill2
    Bill2 Member ✭✭
    Still not working for me....Note that Express Web Connect does not allow you to initiate bill pay in quicken.....A thread that was open on this topic for several days, and which contained a lot of criticism of Quicken for the length of the outage, mysteriously disappeared yesterday.
  • ajulier1
    ajulier1 Member
    When will this be resolved?
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill said:
    Still not working for me....Note that Express Web Connect does not allow you to initiate bill pay in quicken.....A thread that was open on this topic for several days, and which contained a lot of criticism of Quicken for the length of the outage, mysteriously disappeared yesterday.
    Hi @Bill ,

Are you grandfathered in at Bank of America for Direct Connect, for free? I would place a call to Bank of America on Monday, to find out.

I read, previously that Personal Customers of Bank of America has ended, unless grandfathered in.

I can't find any information on Quicken Direct Connect at Bank of America for Personal Use, only Business and with QuickBooks Direct Connect.

"How does Small Business Online Banking through QuickBooks® via Direct Connect relate to Online Banking at bankofamerica.com?

Your enrollment in Direct Connect automatically gives you access to Small Business Online Banking at bankofamerica.com. Both services share information, even with bill payments. When you pay bills with one service, they will be automatically reflected on the other service."

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• mostert
    mostert Member ✭✭
    Called tech support. They say it is being worked on. But four days seems like a long time. I can't use Quicken without update ability.
  • mostert
    mostert Member ✭✭
    Same issue with me. Tech seems useless in solving this problem. Says it is a Bank of America problem. But in light of other bank problems in this discussion, looks to me to be Quicken update problem
  • mostert
    mostert Member ✭✭
    When I call the helpline, no one knows. Very poor customer service.
  • Joseph Witkin
    Joseph Witkin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Appears fixed this morning 3-1! No errors, and payments have updated.
  • ajulier1
    ajulier1 Member
    Bank of America "digital support" told me it is a Quicken problem. You need to deactivate/reactivate the Bill Pay feature and probably need Quicken help to do so.
  • Rick Delia
    Rick Delia Member ✭✭
    Called Quicken help number and they are "closed" for the weekend. So is any one working on the problem as we speak??
  • JimGATX
    JimGATX Member ✭✭
    I am in the same boat. It is a BoA problem. They broke their server, they need to fix it. Call BoA and complain to them again.
  • steve88@
    steve88@ Member ✭✭✭
    As I mentioned in earlier posts, the root issue seems to be Bill Pay. That feature is important to me, so although deactivating Bill Pay stopped the error OL-393-A from occurring, it is only a temporary fix.

If like myself you need to make online payments, you can log into B of A and do it from their website. When Bill Pay eventually gets fixed, the payments you have scheduled / managed on the B of A website will correctly download into your Quicken register.

One thing I noticed in the past was that if I wanted to change the amount of a payment that had already been scheduled, Quicken would not allow me to do this. I had to cancel payment A in Quicken and establish a whole new payment B with the corrected amount. However, I found that by logging into the B of A website, I was able to change the payment amount. When I did "one step update" within Quicken, it then revised the payment amount in the Quicken register, so this was at least one thing I discovered that could be done on the B of A website that could not be done from within Quicken.

So, until a fix is released, I will keep Bill Pay deactivated and just use the B of A website for this task. It is a hassle, but at least the bus can keep moving.
  • Albert Paris
    Albert Paris Member ✭✭
    > @ajulier1 said:
    > Bank of America "digital support" told me it is a Quicken problem. You need to deactivate/reactivate the Bill Pay feature and probably need Quicken help to do so.

Like I mentioned above, I faced this same problem for 3 days with the BofA Bill Pay feature in Quicken. It is working again today 3/1/20. Something got fixed. Good luck with yours.
  • steve88@
    steve88@ Member ✭✭✭
    I reactivated Bill Pay a few moments ago (9:10AM pacific) and error OL-393-A is not present. Appears that the problem has been fixed. Bill Pay had been deactivated for my checking account for about 48 hours.

Your mileage may vary, but hopefully all is fixed now.
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    IT Fixed
  • RedCab
    RedCab Member ✭✭
    Seems to be working for me now. Here's what I did:
    1) delete some pending payments
    2) deactivate bill pay
    3) deactivate direct connect
    4) reactivate direct connect. Note you'll need to know your account numbers if you have more than 1 so you can match them up properly
    I notice step 4 also resulted in billpay being reactivated. It also downloaded a bunch of transactions that had been getting stuck (as expected(
    5) re-enter the pending payments
    6) sync
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    It is fixed...and you should not need to do anything except re-activate BofA Bill Pay if you de-activated. 

I did nothing following the beginning of the error.  I uploaded/Downloaded Transfers, I did not try to pay Bills.  I just Transfered and let the connection complete getting the OL-393-A Error.   When I connected today and did not get the error, my Online Payee List was updated at the connection and payees that displayed lead times of 4 days (all electronic) now are back to displaying 1 Day......
  • Steven
    Steven Member ✭✭
    I will confirm. Problem appears fixed. No further error codes. I didn't do anything either. Just did a normal update this morning.
  • 4BayberryLane
    4BayberryLane Member ✭✭
    I see some are clear but I am still getting the same issue -
  • 4BayberryLane
    4BayberryLane Member ✭✭
    I was still getting the issues but it just more or less shook out. what I did differently from before was to click the rest account button an a different one of the accounts. it had not worked by resetting the main account and the system had refused to let me deactivate bill pay or uncheck any "send" item.

it did send soeme extra duplicate entries, but that is easy to fix.
  • BostonBob
    BostonBob Member ✭✭
    The issue is not fixed for me. I just tried and it failed. I do have two payments that I'm trying to send.
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just an U[date; as I reported in an earlier Post, I connected sending or receiving nothing....12:13pm EST; no error message.

Seeing others are still having issue; I decided this time (4:12pm) to enter a BofA Online Payment and connect; No error.  Quicken Online Center showed "Scheduled for Processing"...as it should.  Signed into BofA Website; Payment is showing to be processed.  

I have to wonder if BofA has more than 1 Quicken server....and the one I am hitting on so far today has this error fixed while the other(s) have not.

• AdamKski
    AdamKski Member
    As of about 2 hours ago I am no longer having issues uploading bill payments to BofA using Quicken via Direct Connect. I call Merrill Lynch (BofA) Friday and they confirmed they were working on this issue. I was able to download transactions and then would get an error during the bill pay process. All good now.
  • Bill2
    Bill2 Member ✭✭
    Still failing with OL-393-A Error for me.

@thecreator, I must be grandfathered for Direct Connect with BoA. I have been using Quicken for a very long time.
  • ajulier1
    ajulier1 Member
    Still failing for me too with the OL-393A error code. Now waiting for Quicken Support to get into work!!
  • ajulier1
    ajulier1 Member
    Spent 20 mins with Quicken Support sharing my screen. As per Bank of America instructions, deactivated and reactivated Bill Pay feature. Did not resolve issue. Got new error code OL-220 which clearly places ball in BoA's court. Called BoA to learn they are still working on resolving the issue. Was recommended to wait another 24 hours! There's some useful info if you enter GEN82229-quicken in your browser. Scroll down to "If the issue persists" and then "Direct Connect" and you'll see why you need to contact your financial institution.
This discussion has been closed.