Issues Occurring During Reconcile

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Change Account To Manually Reconcile.

Comments

• RosesRRed
    RosesRRed Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have Quicken Deluxe 2020 subscription. I got behind on reconciling my accounts against my bank statements. January reconciliation was fine.

For February - Quicken went bonkers! Initially, I manually cleared transactions listed on the statement. I then selected Reconcile from the Tools tab. Quicken left out 2 debit transactions dated in Feb. but included those amounts in the debit totals. But it also showed a "difference" in the amount of the missing transactions $138.80. I didn't know what to do then. I pressed "Done" but got a message either to cancel or allow Quicken to create an adjustment dated today 4/4. I allowed the adjustment, but when I check what was inserted it was in an amount of over $5,000.00.

What's going on with the program? Is anyone else experiencing this?

I ended up doing creating my own format in Excel and will back up the figures with the bank statement.

RosesRRed
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @RosesRRed,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing difficulties while reconciling your account(s) in Quicken.

You may consider restoring a backup file saved prior to completing the reconcile and having Quicken enter the adjustment.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

You can then attempt to reconcile your account(s) once again.

Please also see the information available here for more details on reconciling accounts in Quicken for Windows, as well as how to handle discrepancies, etc.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie

This discussion has been closed.