Raytheon merger with United technologies question

Could someone please explain step by step how to enter the recent merger or conversion of Ratheon to United Technologies? I owned 200 shares of Raytheon but don't know which category to use in the transaction list: "corporate securities spinoff" or corporate acquisition (stock for stock). This is the way it is listed in my activities in my brokerage account:

Held in Quantity Value
(1) 4/03/20 Reorganization items Merger 755111507 Ratheon Co New - cash -200.000 0.00
(2)4/03/20 Reorganization Items - Cash in lieu - Raytheon technologies - cash 0.0000. 46.72
(3)4/03/20 Reorganization Items - Merger Raytheon Technologies Corp Cash 466.0000 00.0

Thank you so much. I am unfamiliar with this sort of transaction
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020 Answer ✓
    Hi "@Barbara L"

You would need to use the "Corporate Acquisition" type of entry.

Please see this post for more information:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7873573/how-to-treat-utx-and-rtx-shares#latest

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020 Answer ✓
    Hi "@Barbara L"

You would need to use the "Corporate Acquisition" type of entry.

Please see this post for more information:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7873573/how-to-treat-utx-and-rtx-shares#latest

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Steven
    Steven Member ✭✭
    On April 3rd United Technologies Corp, renamed as Raytheon Technologies
    (RTX $ 49.93) completed the spin off of Otis Worldwide Corp ($47.32) and Carrier Global Corp ($16.92) If you owned UTC then you should now have and record both Carrier and Otis as spin offs. I gave you the closing price of both for that day. UTC shareholders received 1 ordinary share of Carrier and 1/2 share of Otis for every share of UTC. You would then record UTC to Raytheon as a name change. That's how I did the transactions and it seemed to work with my portfolio. Hope this helps you.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
This discussion has been closed.