Home screen Account Balance does not match Register Balance.

On the home screen the Account Balance is $14k, which is incorrect. The register for the account shows a balance of $7k, which is correct. How do I fix this?
Tagged:

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hi @ skyseeker6,

The balance of $14,000.06 (shown on the home screen) is made up of:

7,000.02 "shares" of a "security" with the name of
     "FDIC Insured Account - IRA" with a value of:              $7,000.02

Cash in the amount of:                                                     $7,000.04
                                                                                                 _________
    For a total of:                                                                    $14,000.06

I am not sure of exactly how you got to where you are because I cannot see the "other halves" of the entries you made, but this appears to be an deposit account at this time - which should not have "securities".  

To fix, I suggest that you delete the two "purchases of security" entries that you made on 4/17/20 and 4/30/20.  Then you should make an entry for interest income on 4/30/20 of $0.02.   The account's cash balance should then be $7,000.06 in both locations.  However you likely also have one or more other accounts in Quicken that are currently out of balance - involving the other "half" of the entries that we can not see.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• skyseeker6
    skyseeker6 Member ✭✭
    Tried this. Balance on home screen became correct, balance in register became $0.12.
    Other ideas?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @skyseeker6,

Can you post a new .png file of the register balance, so I can see what happened?

Thanks.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -