Any update on fixing Fifth Third Bank problem with quicken

I called the Quicken support line and was told there was a problem with Fifth Third Bank and Quicken and no idea when it would be fixed.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Rogerb2

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I have a couple of questions here. Are you using direct connect or express web connect? How long have you been having this issue? We'll need a bit more info before we're able to know exactly what's going on. Have you gone through any troubleshooting steps previously yet?

Once you get a chance to update us with some more details just let us know!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Toni
    Toni Member ✭✭
    For the last 2 weeks, Quicken is not downloading transactions from Fifth Third Bank. After the one step update is complete, there are no error messages shown on the One Step Summary. Now I have to manually download transactions directly from Fifth Third Bank again.
  • Quicken Francisco

Hello@Toni i

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize this is happening. Do you know which connection method you're using? You can check by right clicking on the account. Select edit/delete account and at the top click on online services. This will list the connection method below 

Since you're getting no error I would like to see if we're also getting the same error in a test file as well.

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

From here go forward with the signing into fifth third bank. We'll try signing into the bank and see if we're able to connect. Please let us know how it goes once you get the chance!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Rogerb2
    Rogerb2 Member
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I am using direct connect. Quicken seems to be working again except for some reason it did not pick up 2 deposits from last month and 2 payments, I tried several times and it will not get those items, I put them in manually and that seems to work. Thanks for your help.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Rogerb2

Awesome to hear that you were able to get it up and running! Please let us know if you do run into anything else!

Thanks
    Quicken Francisco
  • Toni
    Toni Member ✭✭
    Hi Francisco, I just decided to "deactivate" the account and then add it back and that did the trick. All transactions are now downloading. Thanks
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Toni

I'm glad you were able to get it working! Please let us know if you do have any more issues!

Thanks
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.