After today's upgrade (8/5/20) I am unable to log in to Quicken

When I enter my Quicken id and password the login dialog just goes into an infinite wait. I know the id/password are correct because I used them to log in here to post this question.

Best Answer

• Dick A
    Dick A Member
    Answer ✓
    The problem no longer occurs on startup. Now a different, full-screen dialog appears and works when I enter the id/password. So it appears to have been a one-time startup problem.

Answers

• Dick A
    Dick A Member
    If I cancel out of the dialog it comes back again. But if I cancel quickly about 5 or 6 times I can get in. Annoying.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @""Dick A"

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. Is it a small popup box that's in a different window than the main program? If that's the case what we might need to do is sign out and sign back in in the program. 

To do this you'll need to go across the top to edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud accounts. From here it may ask you to sign in again but go ahead and close any pop up boxes asking you to sign in.  You should see a small button that says sign in as a different user.  Go ahead and it will ask you to to confirm your sign out and if any more popups keep happening keep closing them. 

You'll next reach a screen where it'll ask you to sign in but instead it will take up a good portion of the screen. Go ahead and sign in through here. Ideally once signed in it will take you back to your file so that we're able to continue using it. The popup sign in box shouldn't come up anymore so you're able to go back to normal use.

Please let us know if this helps resolve the issue for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Dick A
    Dick A Member
    Answer ✓
    The problem no longer occurs on startup. Now a different, full-screen dialog appears and works when I enter the id/password. So it appears to have been a one-time startup problem.
This discussion has been closed.