Direct Connect bill paying disappeared?

I've been using Quicken for Mac for years and paying my bills through First Republic Bank using Quicken Direct Connect. I used it as recently as a few weeks ago. Today when I try to enter a transaction in Quicken the only option I see when I click on "Edit details" is to print a check. I've no idea what is going on.

I checked my account settings and the account I'm trying to pay from says Direct Connect is working.

When I upgraded to the the subscription version of Quicken for Mac (Deluxe Version) I was assured I wouldn't need to do anything else to keep using Direct Connect.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Best Answer

• tess gold
    tess gold Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Never mind. I called First Republic and they didn't know why it was happening, but the wonderful agent there called Quicken Support for me and stayed on the line until we got it sorted out.

The Quicken agent said she's seen this before. I'd chosen First Republic - Digital Banking years ago when I first set up the Direct Connect. The bank must have made some change recently to their setup so that now I needed to deactivate the Direct Connect and reconnect to First Republic, but make sure it said just First Republic, not First Republic - Digital Banking.

After that I went through activating the accounts again, and all was well.

Answers

• tess gold
    tess gold Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Never mind. I called First Republic and they didn't know why it was happening, but the wonderful agent there called Quicken Support for me and stayed on the line until we got it sorted out.

The Quicken agent said she's seen this before. I'd chosen First Republic - Digital Banking years ago when I first set up the Direct Connect. The bank must have made some change recently to their setup so that now I needed to deactivate the Direct Connect and reconnect to First Republic, but make sure it said just First Republic, not First Republic - Digital Banking.

After that I went through activating the accounts again, and all was well.
This discussion has been closed.