Turning off live balance on personal loan

Options
in2ndo
in2ndo Member ✭✭✭
Hello everyone,
Running Version 5.18.2 (Build 518.35919.100) on a Mac OS 10.15.7.
I have set up a personal loan to be paid from a checking account, tracking total payment only.
How do I turn off the live opening balance? quicken keeps adding a credit for the balance minus my last payment. I also turned off automatic downloads. I've checked the help file and on here and can't find the answer.

Thanks

Best Answer

• John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    I have removed the Live Opening Balance transactions on all my accounts, so that they do not change the balance on me. What I did was put in a new transaction called "Opening Balance" and then delete the Live Opening Balance transaction. Make sure the amount is correct and then Quicken will never add adjustments to your account again.

Answers

• John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    I have removed the Live Opening Balance transactions on all my accounts, so that they do not change the balance on me. What I did was put in a new transaction called "Opening Balance" and then delete the Live Opening Balance transaction. Make sure the amount is correct and then Quicken will never add adjustments to your account again.
  • in2ndo
    in2ndo Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you.

> @John_M said:
    > I have removed the Live Opening Balance transactions on all my accounts, so that they do not change the balance on me. What I did was put in a new transaction called "Opening Balance" and then delete the Live Opening Balance transaction. Make sure the amount is correct and then Quicken will never add adjustments to your account again.
This discussion has been closed.