Can I use a brokerage hybrid account (with checking account features) as a payment account?

Options
This account with TD Ameritrade is a brokerage account, but has on-line bill payment and a checking account, along with being able to buy and sell securities. But it does not show up on the possible accounts to use as a payment account. Support said that I would have to create a separate account to do this. I had to do this with the windows version, and I like the merged feature that the Mac version has now, and I don't want to do this just to pay bills.

Maybe a future feature would be to create a new account type, which would be a "hybrid brokerage" account to tap into the payment features of these types of accounts.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @cherishen,

I believe that Support was correct - that you'd need to setup a separate account, and also understand your reluctance to do that.

However, I suggest that you start an "Idea" thread to help us understand the issue and gauge the level of support for it based on community users votes.  Here's a link to the Community area where you can start such a post - https://community.quicken.com/categories/product-ideas-quicken-for-mac

Good luck!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @cherishen,

I believe that Support was correct - that you'd need to setup a separate account, and also understand your reluctance to do that.

However, I suggest that you start an "Idea" thread to help us understand the issue and gauge the level of support for it based on community users votes.  Here's a link to the Community area where you can start such a post - https://community.quicken.com/categories/product-ideas-quicken-for-mac

Good luck!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.