Why am I getting an error message when I try to open a PDF attached to a transaction.

Today my Quicken updated to Version R30.10, Build 27.1.30.10 and now I can no longer open PDF's attached to transactions. See error message attached. I am not comfortable with changing my Adobe settings particularly since they worked yesterday. I can still attach files but I can't view them.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I can't imagine that any change to Quicken could cause this. Quicken just uses the default applications set in Windows to open attachments. I have R30.10 and can still open PDF attachments, but I have Protected Mode disabled in Adobe Reader. Perhaps Reader's settings were inadvertently changed on your computer. That is the only place you can control this.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I can't imagine that any change to Quicken could cause this. Quicken just uses the default applications set in Windows to open attachments. I have R30.10 and can still open PDF attachments, but I have Protected Mode disabled in Adobe Reader. Perhaps Reader's settings were inadvertently changed on your computer. That is the only place you can control this.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.