How Do I Show a New Investment?

I have been using Quicken for Mac and Windows for over 10 years. Today I made an investment in a stock on the NYSE in Quicken for Windows. It is not appearing in my portfolio of US stocks although its value is accounted for in my total net worth.

I went back into Security List. The security shows in the list and is selected for "download" and unselected for "watchlist" and "hide".

I could not resolve this issue so I downloaded Quicken.exe file this morning and rebooted the software. No change.

I am using:

Year: 2020
Version: R28.15
Build: 27.1.28.15
Edition: Canada

Is there another "swtich" I need to flip?

Thanks

Best Answer

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You need to 'buy shares' or 'add shares' of the security in the applicable account.  (That seems to have been done since it is in your net worth.)

You may need to customize the particular (all particular) portfolio views to make sure the new security is included in the view.  

Answers

• Also: This is Quicken subscription.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You need to 'buy shares' or 'add shares' of the security in the applicable account.  (That seems to have been done since it is in your net worth.)

You may need to customize the particular (all particular) portfolio views to make sure the new security is included in the view.  
  • That was it!

On the portfolio view select "options" in the top right.
    Then "customize current view"
    Then "securities"
    Then either turn on or turn off the applicable security.

Thanks for the prompt reply.