NFCU will no longer download after 2-factor authentication entered.

Has anyone learned when this will be fixed?

Answers

• fillinger990
    fillinger990 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I have had a workaround for years, where i log into NFCU, and download to my local machine, then upload into QUICKEN - Any thoughts on this issue?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to FIDIR.TXT, NFCU support Web Connect as well as Express Web Connect. Have you tried changing the connection method?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • fillinger990
    fillinger990 Member ✭✭
    I run the one-step connect, and the NFCU accounts are skipped. Now there is a two-step authentication (from the NFCU side) that further hangs my connect.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Well...  what release of Quicken are you using ----->  Help --> About Quicken

You have mentioned TWO different data download methods -
    - QFX download from NFCU, and then Import into Quicken
    - One Step Update - NFCU skipped

Which downloading technique do you want to discuss -
    There also appears to be two Quicken entries for accessing the NFCU data -

14545    14545    14545    Navy Federal Credit Union    http://www.navyfederal.org    1-888-868-8123    https://www.navyfederal.org/account-management    ACTIVE         BANKING,CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT         BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT    NOT_QBP    NA

61353    61353    61353    Navy Federal Credit Union - My Por    https://banners.orcasnet.com/NAVY    N/A    https://banners.orcasnet.com/NAVY    ACTIVE                   BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT    NOT_QBP    NA

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for clarification....
    What version - .... Help --> About Quicken ?
    What is complete name for NFCU as per the Quicken Account setup ?
    and is your mortgage held at NFCU ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Has anyone learned when this will be fixed?
    Do you want to continue with your other orig NFCU topic -
    or - do you want to start another duplicate discussion here ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• fillinger990
    fillinger990 Member ✭✭
    New issue- As I said, QUICKEN tech support said it was a known error
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @fillinger990,

What error code are you getting from NFCU, and for how long have you been unable to connect?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• fillinger990
    fillinger990 Member ✭✭
    Quicken asks me to choose either Email or TXT to receive a code from NFCU in order to accomplish 2-factor authentication. I receive and enter the code, Quicken then looks as if it is trying to connect to NFCU, but comes back after a few minutes with no update and also no code. No message whatsoever. This has been going on about 6 weeks.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @fillinger990

In the "One Step Update Progress" window, do you get the "Requesting > Connecting > Receiving" messaging and when finished, do you see current online balances for each account with today's date?

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• fillinger990
    fillinger990 Member ✭✭
    No, I see nothing except what I wrote. I "think" that the quicken servers are refusing the connection...
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @fillinger990

I have connected successfully twice in the new year - the last was on 1/9.  Have you tried resetting your accounts?

Frankx

• fillinger990
    fillinger990 Member ✭✭
    I tried resetting, would not work, I ended up restoring a backup from over a month ago, still won't work
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Quicken asks me to choose either Email or TXT to receive a code from NFCU in order to accomplish 2-factor authentication.
    SO.. had you mentioned this at the very beginning - it might have helped -
    It sounds like it is an issue with Quicken and 2-factor authentication.
    Same as your other posting, as linked above - have suggested postings be merged.
    I have again updated the topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• fillinger990
    fillinger990 Member ✭✭
    My downloads worked fine for months w 2-factor...
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ps56k said:
    Just for clarification....
    1 - What version - .... Help --> About Quicken ?
    2 - What is complete name for NFCU as per your Quicken Account setup ?
    3 - Is your mortgage held at NFCU ?
    Never answered these 3 -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Thomas Rhodes
    Thomas Rhodes Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I can update my Quicken (Rel. 31.5, Build 27.1.31.5) NFCU accounts using 2-Factor authentication separately from the overall Quicken One Step Update. IOW, I use OSU to download transactions from all accounts except NFCU, and then separately update NFCU. On the other hand, my Firefox browser is "trusted" by NFCU, and I don't have to go through the 2-Factor two-step when I access NFCU directly.

[removed - sarcastic/unhelpful/disruptive]
  • Thomas Rhodes
    Thomas Rhodes Member ✭✭
    The portion of my comment that was removed as sarcastic/unhelpful/disruptive merely observed that I am able to update my USAA accounts in Quicken even though USAA uses 2 - Factor authentication, yet I can't do so for NFCU. I speculated that the reason there continues to be an issue with NFCU is my understanding that Quicken is still using the Intuit server connection to NFCU rather than directly, and merely asked for confirmation/input of that fact. I sincerely hope this comment is ok.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Hi again @Thomas Rhodes

Thanks for the additional information. I too, do not use OSU for NFCU but do a separate NFCU update to avoid potential issues.  It is an extra step but it works for me.

On the issue of the way that Quicken connects with NFCU - i.e. using Express Web Connect rather than Direct Connect - that is not Quicken's choice.  The financial institution determines which method(s) it will permit and they only allow Express Web Connect (or Web Connect).  I would greatly prefer Direct Connect and have communicated that to NFCU more than once to no avail.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.