Get Historical Prices gets unwanted quotes for hidden/deselected securities

Options
On the Investing tab when I choose Get Historical Prices, it preselects a list of securities and I have no idea where its getting that list. Many in that list I've set the security to hidden, do not watch and do not download quotes, but they're in that list with a green checkmark. Even if I deselect one, next time I go into Get Historical Prices, it's selected again. How do I remove securities from that list? Not all securities I've ever had, just some. And doesn't correspond to current holdings either and I don't watch anything on investing.quicken.com.

Long story/why it matters:
Fidelity Contrafund did a 10-to-1 split in 2018, and I had disabled download quotes/set hidden when I sold that fund years ago. I've apparently done the Get Historical Prices, it was automatically selected and downloaded post split prices into the pre-split years, messing up my net worth graph. At the end of each month, my net worth spiked down for one day and that ended up being the cause. I had to manually edit the price history to delete the quote on the last day of each month.

Suggestions/workarounds/recommendations welcomed!

wags Glad to be here!

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Diana
    Options

Hello@Studpup 

Thank you for posting in the Community though I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue. It is intentional for all securities, even the hidden ones, to be included in the Get Historical Prices feature. Though you are able to uncheck the securities from the list that you do not want included.

I hope this helps!

Thank you

- Quicken Diana

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    Thank you for your input. As a test, I tried removing the stock symbol from BAC, and it's still listed in Get Historical Prices, but it didn't actually download quotes for it. So that's one way to stop downloads I guess.

My GHP list contains 37 securities, some don't and never had symbols, not matched with online security, but they're in that list. However I have 181 securities with valid stock symbols that are matched, but only a random subset are in the GHP list. What controls if a security shows in in Get Historical Prices? 

I validate my file weekly.

wags Glad to be here!

• rattytom
    rattytom Member ✭✭
    Options
    I don't know if this thread is still active, but my experience with Get Historical Prices differs from the below, where

> @"Quicken Diana" said:
    >
    > for all securities, even the hidden ones, to be included in the Get Historical
    > Prices feature. Though you are able to uncheck the securities from the list that
    > you do not want included.

My GHP does NOT show any hidden securities. I wish it did. I am trying to update (to end of quarter, later to end of month) some past prices on a portfolio that includes some securities that I still hold, and some previously-sold securities (the previously-sold are the hidden ones). GHP will work for the active ones, but I have to manually update prices for the hidden ones.