Account Bar width adjustment problem - mouse link not working

Dave335
Dave335 Member ✭✭✭
I have the Accounts Bar open on the left side of the screen. The other day I widened it by dragging the right border with my mouse, like it should. Now when I try to narrow it back down nothing happens when I hover my mouse over the right border to click on and drag back to a smaller size. Anyone having this same problem and if so do they have a work around?

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Check your Mouse Pointer Speed settings (in Windows Control Panel) and adjust how fast the pointer moves when moving the mouse. I, too, like my mouse to move fast with only a small wrist movement, but that may make it too fast when precise positioning is called for.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tried on my Q 2021 R 31.12 and it worked both ways. However, I had to move the mouse pointer very slowly, very carefully to make it switch to "drag mode" <-->
    A millimeter left or right and it would turn off again. Once I had it in drag mode, click, hold and drag worked OK.
  • Dave335
    Dave335 Member ✭✭✭
    I read your comment and thought maybe the large mouse I like to use was not sensitive enough. I tried it again, VERY slow, like I have in the past. No go. I hooked up another spare mouse and instantly it worked. I like the feel of the large mouse but will put it in my cheat sheet to use the HP if I need to change the width (which I rarely do). Might be time to replace the large Kinsington mouse? ;)

Thanks for you input.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Check your Mouse Pointer Speed settings (in Windows Control Panel) and adjust how fast the pointer moves when moving the mouse. I, too, like my mouse to move fast with only a small wrist movement, but that may make it too fast when precise positioning is called for.
  • Dave335
    Dave335 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you UKR for the fix. I just took it down one notch on the sensitivity and then it worked. Bump it up one notch and it won't. I wouldn't have ever known that could happen without your help.
This discussion has been closed.