Downloading issues

miragern
miragern Unconfirmed, Member
I don't use Quicken to download from my banks. I want to manually enter all my information. Suddenly Quicken is downloading everything from my bank which is totally confusing. I did not give Quicken my account numbers. I went into the menu and removed my account numbers (couldn't tell you how they got there!!) but I can't go back and change the massive changes to my registers. How do I go back in and change it to what it was just a few days ago? The register for my checking account is now all but unusable for me.

Best Answer

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    The fastest solution would be to restore a backup from right before you had the problem. For me, I do automatic backups every time I run quicken and keep the last 99 (Edit/Preferences/Backup)

Another solution would be to click the first item in the register that you don't want, hold the shift key and click the last one you dont want, and right click Delete.

Go to account details (control-shift-E) and the online tab, click on the Online Services tab, and click Deactivate and that'll stop quicken from downloading. Quicken doesn't need your account numbers to download; you provide login and password instead.

wags Glad to be here!

Answers

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    The fastest solution would be to restore a backup from right before you had the problem. For me, I do automatic backups every time I run quicken and keep the last 99 (Edit/Preferences/Backup)

Another solution would be to click the first item in the register that you don't want, hold the shift key and click the last one you dont want, and right click Delete.

Go to account details (control-shift-E) and the online tab, click on the Online Services tab, and click Deactivate and that'll stop quicken from downloading. Quicken doesn't need your account numbers to download; you provide login and password instead.

wags Glad to be here!

This discussion has been closed.