Chase requires a one-time verificaiton code to sync your account error

After trying to pay a credit card bill using Quick Pay, I received a message that Chase requires a one-time verificaiton code to sync your account error. How do I enter this code through Quicken?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Steve208,

Usually, such codes are prompted by Quicken as a part of the update account process and they appear (pop-up) during the process.  If you are not seeing such pop-ups, I believe that the process you may need to perform would need to be done outside of Quicken.  From time to time, some financial institutions have this type of reverification process.

I suggest that you login to your Chase accounts - through your browser, not through Quicken - and look for messages or prompts to verify your account.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription Ver. 34.24 - Windows 10-Home Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Steve208,

Usually, such codes are prompted by Quicken as a part of the update account process and they appear (pop-up) during the process.  If you are not seeing such pop-ups, I believe that the process you may need to perform would need to be done outside of Quicken.  From time to time, some financial institutions have this type of reverification process.

I suggest that you login to your Chase accounts - through your browser, not through Quicken - and look for messages or prompts to verify your account.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription Ver. 34.24 - Windows 10-Home Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Steve208
    Steve208 Member
    Thank you, Frankx.

There was no pop-up in Quicken, only the error message I find in bills & income center.

I paid the bill online going to Chase in the browser. There are no messages there. I'm paying a Chase credit card using a Chase checking account so there's no crossover bank to bank.

The good news I tried again this morning and I did get the pop-up in Quiken to re-authenticate the account. All good now.