Need Quicken 2011 Deluxe ported from old laptop to new laptop

How can i get my Quicken 2011 Deluxe ported from old laptop to new laptop? I do not have the install disc. I do not download any transactions or interface it with any other sources. Response greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Install Quicken 2013 for free.  You should at least try to convert to the 2013 version since you don’t use any online services or download transactions now.  Then it should run on newer versions of Windows.  Starting in 2014 they instituted an ID password to get into your own data. I’m staying on 2013.

2013 should run on Windows 10.  You can download 2013 Deluxe for free using this how to convert article.  It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken 

Then just copy the data file ending in .qdf from the old computer to the new one. It should be in your Documents in a Quicken folder.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Install Quicken 2013 for free.  You should at least try to convert to the 2013 version since you don’t use any online services or download transactions now.  Then it should run on newer versions of Windows.  Starting in 2014 they instituted an ID password to get into your own data. I’m staying on 2013.

2013 should run on Windows 10.  You can download 2013 Deluxe for free using this how to convert article.  It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken 

Then just copy the data file ending in .qdf from the old computer to the new one. It should be in your Documents in a Quicken folder.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• marti81
    marti81 Member
    thank you so much...i dont get my new computer for another 2 wks. will leave this thread open in case i have issues. then i will report success or not.