Everytime I open Quicken - message - exceeded the max. number of datasets.

srwa
srwa Member
This message comes up in the middle of the screen............You have exceeded the max. number of datasets. You cannot create a new dataset or continue to perform your current task at this time......

I just blow this message away and continue.........But, it's becoming a nuance.

Suggestions??

Best Answer

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Just to add - this "situation" tends to appear when several Backup and Restores have been completed -
    as in a Backup from one computerr and then a Restore to a different computer ....
    What version of Quicken .... Help --> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @srwa

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. For this particular instance, I would recommend contacting support to eliminate the error message. It is something that needs to be taken care of on our end. If your subscription is expired you will need to renew your subscription to override this error message. 

To contact Quicken Support follow the link below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Just to add - this "situation" tends to appear when several Backup and Restores have been completed -
    as in a Backup from one computerr and then a Restore to a different computer ....
    What version of Quicken .... Help --> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me yesterday on one of my computers. Called Support. Long story short I asked them when fixing this if it would effect my other computer running a different dataset. They said no. Well today it happened again on the same computer not allowing me to create a new dataset. Fixed again and was able to create new dataset. Then I went to my main computwer that had a dataset going back to 2016 and it happened to that computer when adding an account in the dataset. Called support again and it got fixed so both computers seem fixed. Support said to not make any changes or add anything for 24 hours.

Lots more info but this is the short version. Used Quicken for over 20 years and issues seem more frequent. I read here where this issue is discussed for over at least 2 years now.

Time to fix this don't ya think???

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.