Projected Balances and Pay Off Dates

Options
How does Quicken come up with Projected Balances and Pay Off Dates? They have a major glitch in their computing.
I currently have an $84 balance in an account at 0% interest and no scheduled purchases. I am paying $59/month on the account.
They also say my Projected Balance for this month is $435. How did they get that?

According to Quicken I'll pay off the account in April 2022?? What?

Answers

• maxwelwp
    maxwelwp Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    I reported seeing the same issue about a month ago (added Spending and Savings Accounts view to my Home screen)  but no response from Quicken.
    Mine occurs on 2 accounts (one checking account and one CC account) of the 17 accounts shown on this view.
    The accounts show the correct current balance but some off the wall ending balance. For example, the checking account suggests I have a negative ending balance of $1299.89 while showing reminders for the next 12 months suggests I will have a positive balance of $26,308.08. No negative balances during this time frame.

So the calculation method appears to be a mystery at this point...

“Never stop dreaming,never stop believing,never give up,never stop trying, andnever stop learning.”
    Quicken user since 1993

• GregLeimeister
    GregLeimeister Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken did respond. They made me delete my info and then re-enter it. This seems to be the solution to most problems on their app.
  • maxwelwp
    maxwelwp Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    Curious what information they suggested deleting and re-entering? All transactions in the account or other?

thnx

“Never stop dreaming,never stop believing,never give up,never stop trying, andnever stop learning.”
    Quicken user since 1993

This discussion has been closed.