I accidentally deleted a transaction in my check register. Is there a ways to manually add it in?

drdave240
drdave240 Quicken Windows Subscription Member
I'm new to Quicken. I downloaded my banking from the web. In adding in the notes into the transaction, field and category, I accidentally deleted a banking transcation. Can I somehow add it back in manyally?

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Yes.
    If you are quick enough, you can undo transaction deletion in a banking (not investing) account. Do Edit > Transaction > Undo Delete. (Or just right-click in the register and you'll find Undo Delete in the context menu.) See below.
    If it's too late for that and Undo Delete doesn't work, you can certainly re-enter the transaction manually if you remember its contents.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Yes.
    If you are quick enough, you can undo transaction deletion in a banking (not investing) account. Do Edit > Transaction > Undo Delete. (Or just right-click in the register and you'll find Undo Delete in the context menu.) See below.
    If it's too late for that and Undo Delete doesn't work, you can certainly re-enter the transaction manually if you remember its contents.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• drdave240
    drdave240 Quicken Windows Subscription Member
    Thanks...that helps enormously!!!
This discussion has been closed.