State Employees Credit Union-NC Duplicate Transactions

Options
jhansen
jhansen Member ✭✭✭
I recently recreated all of my NCSECU accounts and have a validated clean file. I've observed over the past 30-60 days (ok I can't remember exactly, RAM is full) that I get duplicate transactions downloaded just about every time I run a OSU. I am connecting via Direct Connect (it clearly states that on the header) and the downloaded ID for the duplicates is vastly different (like from 2 different formats, one using numbers and periods, the other using numbers/letters and dashes). Every transaction is duplicated in every account.

Thoughts

ps. When I say just about every time, I'm pretty sure it's every time, just leave an opening in case that memory module has an error... And to further clarify, I had many months of not having duplicates, it started randomly from my vantage point, I didn't change something to cause this...

Quicken Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 11 Pro - user since 1993

Best Answer

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @jhansen

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having the issue with transactions duplicating. I would recommend contacting your financial institution for assistance for several reasons. The issue has been persisting for quite a long time, the connection method being used is Direct Connection and the downloaded IDs are different. This indicates that the bank has changed or formated the file(s). 

For more information regarding duplicate transactions please visit the link below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-downloads-transactions-which-are-duplicates-existing-register-entries

Hope this provides clarification. Please let us know how it goes and of any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma  

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @jhansen

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having the issue with transactions duplicating. I would recommend contacting your financial institution for assistance for several reasons. The issue has been persisting for quite a long time, the connection method being used is Direct Connection and the downloaded IDs are different. This indicates that the bank has changed or formated the file(s). 

For more information regarding duplicate transactions please visit the link below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-downloads-transactions-which-are-duplicates-existing-register-entries

Hope this provides clarification. Please let us know how it goes and of any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma  
  • jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Paloma said:
    > Hello @jhansen
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having the issue with transactions duplicating. I would recommend contacting your financial institution for assistance for several reasons. The issue has been persisting for quite a long time, the connection method being used is Direct Connection and the downloaded IDs are different. This indicates that the bank has changed or formated the file(s). 
    >
    > For more information regarding duplicate transactions please visit the link below. 
    >
    > https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-downloads-transactions-which-are-duplicates-existing-register-entries
    >
    > Hope this provides clarification. Please let us know how it goes and of any questions or concerns. 
    >
    > -Quicken Paloma  

Thanks for the update, the duplicates randomly stopped today, so maybe...

Quicken Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 11 Pro - user since 1993

This discussion has been closed.