Quicken sync

Just started........When I sign out of quicken deluxe, it doesn't sync to the cloud like it always has. Is there a simple fix for this? Thanks......Frank

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you "sign out of Quicken"? Do you use the (used to be red) "X" in the Quicken window? Or do you use other selections, e.g., press Alt-F4, select File / Exit, etc.?
    It was brought to my attention some time ago that Quicken does not backup and sync when you close Quicken by any method other than the red "X".
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Hello @Frank Hansen

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize you are having difficulties syncing. To better assist you more information is needed. When you state "it doesn't sync to the cloud like it always has" could you elaborate on that. Are you getting an error message/code? Is it simply closing and not syncing at all? 

Please elaborate on further details so that we may provide proper guidance.

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Frank Hansen
    Frank Hansen Member ✭✭
    I'm not getting any error messages, It just closes.
  • Frank Hansen
    Frank Hansen Member ✭✭
    I always close Quicken using the Red X in upper right corner.
  • Hello @Frank Hansen,

Thank you for that update. Just to clarify, it sounds like you are closing Quicken, using the X in the top right, and it is not performing its normal duty of syncing to the cloud. 

From my side of things, I can see that your file is in fact syncing. However, it is still of concern that it is no longer visibly doing it. Does Quicken ask you if you would like to sync normally? Or does it just do it on its own? 

Quicken asks me and it looks like this;

However, if I check the box for it not to remind me, I no longer see an indication that it is going to happen, but it does happen in the background. 

To get this warning back, you can go to Edit>Preferences>Alert & Messages>Reset Quicken Warnings>Ok.

Do let us know if this resolves your issue or not. 

Quicken Alyssa

• Frank Hansen
    Frank Hansen Member ✭✭
    Quicken doesn't ask me, it just closes without syncing.
  • Frank Hansen
    Frank Hansen Member ✭✭
    Sometimes I go to the blue bar at the top of page and click on Mobile & Web. There I have to enter vault password to open it and there is a tab there that allows me to 'sinc now'. I do this before closing Quicken.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Frank Hansen, 

Thank you for your response. Based on the information provided I would recommend first signing out completely out of your Quicken. You can do this by selecting Edit >Preferences >Quicken ID & Cloud accounts >Sign in as a different user. On the pop up window type in "yes" to confirm and click sign out. 

Once you have been signed out please validate your file by selecting File >Validate and Repair file. A visual example is below. 

When the validation has been completed, sign back in with your Quicken ID and password. 

Please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Frank Hansen
    Frank Hansen Member ✭✭
    Thank you Paloma, Your fix worked and sinc is working like it should...........Frank
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Frank Hansen, 

Thank you for your response. We are glad your issue is now resolved. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks! 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Frank Hansen
    Frank Hansen Member ✭✭
    It only updated that one time, around Nov 14, and since then I've had to update the cloud manually.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Frank Hansen, 

Thank you for your response although we apologize that this issue is still persisting. Could you please attempt signing out of your Quicken Completely? 

To do this select Edit >Preferences >Quicken ID & Cloud Account >Sign in as a different user. 

Once you have signed out, please close Quicken and restart your computer. After restarting, launch Quicken and sign in with your Quicken ID and password. 

When you have a moment please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma
  • Frank Hansen
    Frank Hansen Member ✭✭
    I did as you said, and signed in again, and when I signed out the last time it synced like it should. It took a little bit as it pulled in everything that should have been there before. I hope this solved the problem, thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it. Merry Christmas........Frank
This discussion has been closed.