Errors during Quicken Cloud sync

I'm getting the error in the subject when I do One Step Update. I click "View Errors" and it says "The desktop transaction in 'Account' on '10/21' for '-$71' was not synced. Illegal Operation: {0}" in a window titled "Quicken Cloud Sync Errors". There is no Repair offered, but I click Apply Now anyway, and get a popup with the same "Illegal Operation" message. So it's in an infinite error loop. I have a log file. How can I fix this problem? Thank you.

Best Answer

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Jeff Schwarz, 

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this error message. For this particular instance, I would recommend resetting your Quicken Cloud. Before starting the process please make sure you have your file(s) backed up.

To do this please select Edit >Preferences >Mobile and Web >Reset Cloud Data. Afterward, please run a One Step Update.

Please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Jeff Schwarz, 

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this error message. For this particular instance, I would recommend resetting your Quicken Cloud. Before starting the process please make sure you have your file(s) backed up.

To do this please select Edit >Preferences >Mobile and Web >Reset Cloud Data. Afterward, please run a One Step Update.

Please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma
  • pam120800
    pam120800 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    I had the same error. I followed these instructions and now have 3 recurring errors. Unlike the previous error which was directed with a recent transaction, these 3 new errors are related to transactions in 2019! All are the illegal operation [0] error with no repair recommendations. Now what do I do?
  • mparikh
    mparikh Quicken Windows Subscription Member
    I followed these directions for the same issue. Nothing changed, I still get the error.
  • mnkzing
    mnkzing Quicken Windows Subscription Member
    same issues here and the repair didn't fix it
  • dwarden252
    dwarden252 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    Same issue, growing exponentially. Fix suggested does not resolve:

Quicken is returning a new code (Illegal Operation:(0)) when syncing a transaction for $0.00 which is only a placeholder that my bank uses when I initiate a check payment that the vendor has not received yet.
  • Smittydexter
    Smittydexter Quicken Windows Subscription Member
    Same issue here. Illegal Operation (0) for a credit card payment from my bank account dated a couple of weeks ago.
  • JackP
    JackP Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    Same here - does anyone have a fix for this?
  • striker2022
    striker2022 Quicken Canada Subscription Member
    i deleted problem entries. then manually entered .did cloud sync again and it worked. Did notice the payee names were very long in length, maybe it was because i shortened them that it worked.
This discussion has been closed.