Update fails

This morning I got a message, an update was available for my Quicken Premier - I was on 36.37 I think, but it suggested an update to 36.41. Several times I tried clicking the button to initiate the update, and I got the error message shown in the picture below. Oddly, that is the folder quickenPatch.exe is in, I verified it - so some other file may have been what was not found. I never got it to work, I checked for the full update and I found 37.25 so I updated to that.  FYI, this is on a new Mac, running Quicken in Parallels on the Mac. The only difference is this is an Apple/ARM-based Mac, but everything else in Quicken has run fine. It was the first time I was notified of an update on this Mac.

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What anti-virus software are you using?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Josh H
    Josh H Member ✭✭
    I have the exact same issue with today's release. I'm not running any anti-virus software on the Parallels virtual machine.
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    It just runs the default Windows defender.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Security?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Security?
    No..just checked
  • Josh H
    Josh H Member ✭✭
    I turned off Windows Defender and checked that Controlled Folder Access is disabled. Still receiving the error message. Thanks for helping out!
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Josh H are you on an Apple ARM Mac or Intel Mac?
  • Josh H
    Josh H Member ✭✭
    > @Don Awalt said:
    > @Josh H are you on an Apple ARM Mac or Intel Mac?

I'm on an ARM Mac. Like the OP mentioned, everything had been working well until trying to update to 36.41. One-Step Update works correctly, and it's able to successfully open my data file and back up to my backup folder.
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Josh H same with me - I am the op :-)  This may be a bug on ARM Macs...
  • Josh H
    Josh H Member ✭✭
    > @Don Awalt said:
    > @Josh H same with me - I am the op :-)  This may be a bug on ARM Macs...

Sorry, Don. Didn't catch you were OP!

I've noticed a couple of quirks with the ARM and using Windows 11, but this is the first time I've been prevented from doing something in Parallels with the updated model. Up until now, it was running as it was in Windows 10 pre-upgrade.
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this is my first problem I have encountered running Quicken on an ARM Mac.
  • Josh H
    Josh H Member ✭✭
    > @Don Awalt said:
    > Yes, this is my first problem I have encountered running Quicken on an ARM Mac.

I was also going to download the update directly from the Quicken website and install that way, but 36.41 isn't published yet.
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Actually the direct mondo patch version is 37.25, this is what I downloaded and installed and it works fine:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

I hope they can find out what the problem is on updating from within Quicken! Glad it is not just my laptop...
  • Josh H
    Josh H Member ✭✭
    > @Don Awalt said:
    > Actually the direct mondo patch version is 37.25, this is what I downloaded and installed and it works fine:
    > https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
    >
    > I hope they can find out what the problem is on updating from within Quicken! Glad it is not just my laptop...

Good call! I didn't catch that the mondo update was higher than the one we've been having issues with. R37.25 seems to be working without any issues so far!
This discussion has been closed.