Schwab Charitable / Donor Advised Fund

Options
2»

Comments

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @mikey To echo you - interesting.  Yes, I imagine lawyers got involved in there somewhere and the programmers and lawyers did not understand that this connection is a view-only connection and so even if there are co-trustees it shouldn't matter.  I assume your wife has a Schwab login to access the same accounts that you are co-trustee on?  Are the accounts available with her login?

On the Schwab web site, have you gone to the Services > Security menu/tab and reviewed what accounts are listed under the Quicken group (accounts available for connection) to be sure that the accounts in question are really not available (Schwab issue) vs just not being linkable (Quicken issue)?

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• mikey
    mikey Member ✭✭
    Options
    @MontanaKarl yep, that's the first thing i did and what clued me into this being a schwab policy decision. after several attempts, i was able to successfully migrate 3 of 12 accounts and when i went to check the enable quicken tab on schwab's security center, it quickly became apparent the 1 thing the migrated accounts had in common is they are all titled in my name. no other accounts appeared on the quicken page, just a checkbox to automatically link all future accounts.
  • mikeweberatl
    mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Alyssa said:

> However, I do know that some users were able to get their charitable accounts connected and working with the Schwab Investor C instance. So you can give that a try if you'd like. If you do try that, please let us know if that makes them available for you or not. Thank you.
    >
    >
    The "Schwab Investor C" didn't seem to work for me. It was able to link my account, but it didn't download any missing transactions. I also took a look at the Online center and did a "compare to portfolio" for my holdings and it found my current holdings, but the names were slightly different so when it compared to my existing ledger, my holdings in those securities were all quantity zero as if they were totally different.

Anyone else get this to work?
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    mitch.trumpetwin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Alyssa l get a cc-501 Oops. We're having a problem when I try schwab Investor C. That being said, all of my Schwab accounts stopped downloading today. 
  • SatKirk
    SatKirk Member ✭✭
    Options
    Since the DAF is no longer showing up in the Schwab list of accounts in Security Center, my presumption is that Schwab has disabled this access. Everyone who cares about this should do what I'm going to do: Call Schwab and let them know that DAF access in Quicken is important, please add it back.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello @mitch.trumpetwin,

Please see the article I linked above to resolve the CC-501. Let us know if that resolves it for you!

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• mitch.trumpetwin
    Options
    @quicken Alyssa  Hi Alyssa, the cc-501 fix does not work for me. It says to try to setup and then do a reset. I can't do a reset as Schwab charitable only has the setup button. Thanks
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    @mitch.trumpetwin,

I apologize for the confusion and inconvenience, but as stated above, the charitable accounts are not in Schwab's list of supported accounts at this time. I was under the impression you were getting the CC-501 error with other account types, my mistake. 

Quicken Alyssa

• mitch.trumpetwin
    Options
    Alyssa, with the other accounts, I can only download transactions on 1 userid. The other does not cause an error, but nothing downloads. Note... userids not accounts. 
  • William Buckley
    Options
    I usually make year end grants, but I'll hold off in hopes that Schwab will fix this.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    @mitch.trumpetwin,

Another one of the restrictions for Schwab is one User ID. So one data file, one User ID, and specific account types. 

Quicken Alyssa

• mitch.trumpetwin
    Options
     @Quicken Alyssa I have succesfully gotten 2 userid's to download in 1 file. There is no restriction. However, getting it to work requires a bit of magic.
  • bytre
    bytre Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    The response I received: "There were updates to the software which connects Schwab servers to Quicken. In this process, permissions for certain roles had been impacted, one of which is one you are inquiring about. Tech Support is working with vendors and product developers to add roles back, however there is no timeline on when this will be completed."
  • Tom Darbie
    Tom Darbie Member ✭✭
    Options
    Schwab Charitable appears when I go to investor C. There are two Charitable accounts listed to link with the same account number. Perhaps the brokerage and a checking side?? I have never had two accounts to link for Charitable before. Should I relink all 15+ brokerage accounts listed in addition to the Charitable ones or will I really mess up the existing accounts that are now working. If I don't relink all will the ones not relinked stop working?
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    Options
    Tom, when I do Investor C I get a cc-501. Otherwise, all my downloads work.  DO NOT relink the 15 brokerage accounts.  Just leave Charitable out of schwab for the meantime. Schwab says that they are working on it. But who knows.
  • David Johnson
    Options
    From Schwab Chat support agent today: "As of November 2021 Quicken entered into the SODA API agreement and at this time only accounts with the appropriate authority levels are able to import into Quicken. That agreement has removed the Charitable account from the list of accounts that can be imported."
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    Options
    David, I sent two messages about this. They said that they are working on getting this fixed. Whether that happens or not is a different story. Schwab Charitable wants it fixed.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From Schwab Chat support agent today: "As of November 2021 Quicken entered into the SODA API agreement and at this time only accounts with the appropriate authority levels are able to import into Quicken. That agreement has removed the Charitable account from the list of accounts that can be imported."
    Interesting reference, this is the first time I have seen anything mention what API they are using.  Up to know it has just been "API" or "the Charles Schwab API".

I'm guessing they are referring to this:
    https://sodafoundation.io/projects/soda-api/

Interesting in it is an API for the access and storage of data.  On the other hand, it tells you nothing about that data would be communicated/translated for use in a program like Quicken.  In other words, it isn't like the OFX standard that tells you the format of the transaction data.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Chris_QPW re: In other words, it isn't like the OFX standard that tells you the format of the transaction data.
    You may have hit on why the reinvested dividends are having trouble being recorded correctly. My last batch came across as "buys" instead of dividends reinvested, resulting in a second "purchase" of the same. This should get interesting as the end of the year dividends pile up. 
    Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gooddog50 said:
    @Chris_QPW re: In other words, it isn't like the OFX standard that tells you the format of the transaction data.
    You may have hit on why the reinvested dividends are having trouble being recorded correctly. My last batch came across as "buys" instead of dividends reinvested, resulting in a second "purchase" of the same. This should get interesting as the end of the year dividends pile up. 
    Oh yes definitely.  At this point it's still a complete mystery of how they're doing the mapping of security actions.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Edit: error, thought the Charitable was working. Wrong....

Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
  • dwhitnee
    dwhitnee Member
    Options
    As of today's Mac update (6.4.5):

"If you have Schwab Charitable or view-only accounts, please disconnect them. They are no longer supported. Go to Account Settings and select Downloads to disconnect."
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    Options
    Schwab Charitable can be downloaded now!
  • CocoaPuff
    CocoaPuff Member ✭✭
    Options
    As of 12/16/21, I am able to download Schwab view-only accounts.

Using Quicken Premier R37.52 on Windows 10 Enterprise
  • pdaniel
    pdaniel Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same here, with latest version of Quicken Mac. My Schwab account also shows my Charitable account as accessible by Quicken under the Security Tab. I'm quite happy and relieved about this.
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    Options
    My prices do not update. Do yours?
  • pdaniel
    pdaniel Member ✭✭
    Options
    My prices don't update either.
  • pecopie
    pecopie Member ✭✭
    Options
    With mac Quicken current version, i still can't download Schwab Charitable transactions or my two view-only accounts transactions. Any suggestions?
  • mikeweberatl
    mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Is there anyone else who got Schwab Charitable working after the switch, but now it's broke again? I'm missing the last two business days of transactions.
This discussion has been closed.